Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Begun the great debate about cargo pants vs jeans has

Site Supporter
    Cargo - I have light weight for the hot days, regular for average days and flannel lined for the cold.

I do have jeans - which I wear sometimes. Dockers when the wife says stop being a slob.

Jeans, because I don't want to look like a cargo pants dork.

Also, with a 28" inseam, every pair of non-tailored pants make me look like a slob. By contrast, a pair of slim-fit (not skinny) jeans in selvedge denim fit me effectively perfectly, still stretch, but do not tear or hole easily. That's because selvedge = self edge. And that type of denim does not require a closing stitch to keep from unraveling, they're the original form of ripstop.

I buy mine from Uniqlo (Japanese fashion company), they typically run $50-60 bucks a pair, and are 98% selvedge denim and 2% spandex, which gives me that stretch. A single pair lasts me effectively 9-12 months of daily wear. I've been wearing them for 5+ years now and I still have my original pair, but they now have a holey crotch, so I use them for garage/grease monkey work. I have I guess four 'retired' pairs now. Also, Uniqlo offers inseam tailoring for an extra 5-bucks, so you don't have to roll your jeans if you don't want to.

For me the big thing is...crotch fit. Cargo pants, painters pants, hell 98% of pants are made to have a crotch that goes almost to my knees. I have big balls (), but I don't need crotch room to my knees.

Luckys and Levis, I buy everything off of Poshmark.
    #RESIST

Wranglers!!! One of the very few makers which still make a waist high rise enough to support good AIWB for my barrell chested body type....

Barrell Chested...certainly not stocky or a little portly!!!!

Go to Academy or Walmart...buy wranglers

Now I'm talking about traditional classic guy jeans, not the current stuff.

Since I'm stuck in the last century, what's the beef with jeans?

Site Supporter
    Prana Bridger jeans have been great for me. They’re slim (some would say skinny, and as many would be wrong), but with a lot of stretch. They’re also comfortable in a wide range of temperatures (winter in New England to summer in Texas). They dry pretty quickly for jeans, too.

I also do have slim-fit cargo pants which have their place, but cargo pants look unsophisticated, potentially violate the “gray man” principle depending on setting, and are much less versatile than jeans in terms of dressing them up or down. You can’t wear a pea coat and scarf, or a button-up and blazer with cargo pants, but you can wear a fishing shirt with jeans.

Synthetic shorts with a discreet leg pocket for keys, etc. are hard to beat for hot days, IMO.

Also, my Unity Tactical Clutch gives me some cargo room that makes me less dependent on pant pockets, so that helps.

Wranglers and boots.

Geez... This thread should be merged with the Corona Boredom Thread. You guys have too much time to jerk off over this BS.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...I buy mine from Uniqlo (Japanese fashion company), ... are 98% selvedge denim and 2% spandex,
    Dude, you are officially a hipster. Don’t argue. There’s no point.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Cargo shorts 98% of the time, riding jeans on the motorcycle, and linen trousers for more dressy occasions.

At 46, my days of being concerned of what other people think about my appearance are behind me.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List