Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Begun the great debate about cargo pants vs jeans has

20 years ago we wore suits to work, 10 years ago chino style pants became acceptable with a sport jacket. Today jeans with sport jackets have become the uniform du jour of 90% of the people I work with/ interact with at work. I really like the 5.11 defender jeans. Pretty much wear them every day. They have also become my go to when I am training on the range. Pockets are pretty generous. They also have two additional pockets on the hip that can fit an AR magazine. 5.11 sells them for about $75 a pair however I have found them online for as little as $35.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Begun the great debate about cargo pants vs jeans has

For full-on cargo pants, my favorite are Helikon-Tex UTP, a Polish brand. They are stretchy, but still have a cotton feel. Super durable, and excellent build quality. The pocketry is very well thought out--they even have AIWB mag pouches built in.

The OTP version is a soft-shell pant that I like for rainy conditions. It's pretty much all I wore on a recent early-Fall trip to Iceland.

And they have shorts that are outstanding.

The price is comparable to 5.11.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Cargo pants are the Member's Only jacket of pants.

If cargo pants were a hairstyle, they would be a comb over.

If cargo pants were footwear, they would be white New Balances with velcro straps.

If cargo pants were a type of headwear, they would be a visor.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Cargo pants are the Member's Only jacket of pants.

If cargo pants were a hairstyle, they would be a comb over.

If cargo pants were footwear, they would be white New Balances with velcro straps.

If cargo pants were a type of headwear, they would be a visor.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Jacket and tie guy at work.

80% Prana/First Ascent/Eddie Bauer slim "stretchy" hiking pants after 5. Some have a cargo pocket, some not. All fit slim.

20% Jeans. All of them are 95-98% cotton 2-5% stretchy from Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic/Uniqlo and most recently, Baldwin- a kc based US sewn company.

Re Uniqlo-Think Japanese Gap. I have had excellent luck with their jeans, lightweight down vests/hooded jackets and dress shirts in terms of fit.
    Their quality, particularly on their jeans and down goods well exceeds the value to cost ratio.

Vending Machine Operator
    Formal dress 5 days a week (not surprising, im a lawyer)

Weekends are jeans. I wear relaxed fit or regular fit Lucky. They aren't remotely tactical but they are comfy, look really nice with my casual clothes, and girls like them.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Good stuff.

That's all I wear these days.
    winter 24X7 wranglers and boots.

When I have to dress up I wear dickies work khakis and vans

summer is shorts and flipflops 24X7 unless at work then it's the above

I have dress shoes and clothing for funerals and weddings

not a fan of cargo pants but will wear cargo shorts on occasion.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Nice try, evil Clusterfrack.
    Redundant

I've recently come to enjoy Walmart Wranglers with the flex-waist.

I have problems with GERD (chronic acid reflux), so it's not in my best interest to wear a belt that's any tighter than absolutely necessary. The less abdominal pressure the better. And for reference, I usually wear 33" or 34" waist.

I have found that the flex waist in these pants helps by keeping some amount of tension on the gun at all times, but it also gives when I bend and move. Since I don't need the belt to pull the gun into my body or keep my pants from falling down, I can leave the belt looser.

SouthNarc made a video a while back about how more form-fitting pants, combined with a belt that is actually flexible along the horizontal axis, will help to achieve true concealment better than just cranking down a super-extra stiff belt while carrying IWB. I find these pants to be a useful compromise along these lines while generating relatively minimal abdominal pressure.

Jeans 99.9% of the time. Have been since a kid.

Probably the most important component of my ability to AIWB a pistol (and one with a light) is American Eagle's, flex fabric. You can size the pants so they fit right, without looking like a slob.

User Tag List