Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Begun the great debate about cargo pants vs jeans has

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    My new favorite pants...

https://www.carhartt.com/products/ca...ungaree-102291

More stretch and give than jeans, no unnecessary cargo pockets that I won't use.
    I have a few versions of those, they make great pants for work when I'll be in the shop but still kinda gotta look like I don't work in the shop for parts of the day. Follow them on Amazon with camelcamelcamel, they go down to $30 here and there.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Man, some of you guys have pretty extensive clothing budgets...

Ive used the LAPG pants in the past, but their sizing wasn't very consistent. Ive fond these at SAMS that fit the bill for work and casual use. If you can deal with a slightly fitted feel that is.

Name:  Sams.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  52.1 KB

Begun the great debate about cargo pants vs jeans has

I’ve had great luck with consistency and quality with $29 LAPG Urban Recon pants. They last a couple years, and when they get ragged, I use them for martial arts purposes until they fail.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-urban-recon-pant.html
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My go to is the OG BDUs. https://tacticalgear.com/propper-uni...5786/0,10007/1

I don't have to impress anyone.

My summer wear is the Riggs technician pants. https://www.wrangler.com/shop/wrangl...tionId=3W045DK

I get most of my pants from a local clothing outlet. They sell the Wrangler and Riggs stuff as irregular for $18 a pair. Sometimes they have the BDUs for under $20

I also split the difference: Wrangler Riggs carpenter pants. They're cut generously like cargo pants, but omit the thigh cargo pockets. And the other pockets are generously deep. They also have a little "tool" pocket on the left thigh which is perfect pocket for pepper spray.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I buy mine from Uniqlo (Japanese fashion company),
    I had been doing Uniqlo since they first came to the US. Gradually their prices rose a bit, although still a good deal, relatively, and they will tailor the inseam for you at most stores, which is nice.

They've since changed the fit on some of their models while simultaneously my deadlift doubled. Basically, my ass got too big. I've had good luck with the Goodfellow label from Target. Constructed well, inexpensive and not ugly, with decently thick denim, without spandex in them (which I hate. Ruins the way they break in, IMO).

I used to wear exclusively chinos and BDUs as a young man, but changed when I started to care a bit about style. Now, I interface a lot with fashion and art people, and can get very far with dark denim, a pair of Florsheims or slick vintage Nike's, an untucked shirt and hip blazer. This allows me to carry what I want, be comfortable, and not spend a ton. I can't stand babying clothing, and dark denim holds up better to coffee stains and kneeling and whatever better than anything else.

Here in rural PA.

Dirt cheap, buy all you can: $10
    Cheap: $20
    Average: $30
    Above average, but I'll pay it: $35
    High, but I'll wait for a sale: $50
    Too high, but I get why folks would pay: $60
    Ludicrous: $100
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Here in rural PA.

Dirt cheap, buy all you can: $10
    Cheap: $20
    Average: $30
    Above average, but I'll pay it: $35
    High, but I'll wait for a sale: $50
    Too high, but I get why folks would pay: $60
    Ludicrous: $100
    Says the guy with an HK in his avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Says the guy with an HK in his avatar...
    Haha! My belief is that there is nothing that should ever make a pair jeans cost over $50.

A generous forum member here took pity on me and gave me a sweet deal on that HK.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Haha! My belief is that there is nothing that should ever make a pair jeans cost over $50.

A generous forum member here took pity on me and gave me a sweet deal on that HK.
    I too, have a hard time paying over $50 for any pair of pants. Chances are I will stain or rip them at some point, at work, play, or at home... For a long time $30 was about the max I'd spend. Seems a dollar is worth less every day, so I've had to adjust my expectations over time.

The various LAPG pants do appeal to me from the function/price point... except for some damn reason they keep put pockets on the front of the thigh/waist area, which seems like a terrible place to put something if you have to bend at the waist/squat down. I have not tried them yet because of this reason.

User Tag List