Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Begun the great debate about cargo pants vs jeans has

I'm a jeans guy. Sorry haters.

However, I did struggle with finding a pair that didn't look sloppy, had deep pockets, and were comfy with AIWB. I really like boot cut jeans and found the Urban Pipeline jeans at Kohls work pretty good. My only gripe with them is that I wish the waist was a little higher. Why can't a jeans company make boot cut pants with a normal rise? For some reason boot cut and low rise are married.

I was really skeptical about the whole spandex jeans thing but man are flex jean comfy. I'm not talking about skin tight jeans. If we can have FlexFit hats what's so wrong with flex jeans?
    Last edited by Irelander; 03-26-2020 at 01:01 PM. Reason: speling
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Vertx pants for range time and yard work. Mountain Hardware pants for business casual and such. I have a few pairs of Kuhl pants, I like the MH pants better for the money (on sale).

I like having more than 4 pockets, hence Vertx cargo pants are nice. Durable with good fabric, I think I have a dozen pair of the Phantom pants. Plus a few pair of their shorts. The low-profile cargo pockets are nice, with mag/light/phone pockets inside the cargo pockets. Belt loops are placed well for an OWB holster and a solid belt. Recommended.

Haven’t worn blue jeans in quite some time.
    Last edited by Trigger; 03-26-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

I've always struggled with jeans but recently found these guys and love these things.
    https://revtownusa.com/

I had no idea so many P-Fers worked on the docks . If it's too hot for jeans, I grab shorts or a lighter fabric khaki. I'd rather have a small backpack or fanny pack than wear cargo pants. Used to buy Lucky jeans but their customer service blows and they mark up their prices the day before sales. My favorite jeans are by far Mountain Khaki esp. for the price. Mine were a little tight when I got them but they're perfect now. Revtown and Prana were okay but they're not as robust. I do like a little stretch in a pair of jeans but not in the waist. Once I blow out the taints on my Mountain Khaki jeans, I'm planning on trying Jocko's jeans and those TAD jeans too (hip pockets are the best pockets).

I quit wearing cargos for two reasons.. I never actually put anything in the thigh pockets and they aren't tough enough. I went full circle back to Duluth Firehose 5 pocket jeans and Diamond Gusset jeans.

I'm the reverse- I find the Wrangler cell phone pockets (inside the cargo pockets) to be extraordinarily useful- it's a great place for a flashlight, or pepper spray, or an extra mag, or even my cell phone.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Before kids I often wondered why all these dads were wearing cargo pants/shorts. With kids, I realize that the key is to leave the house with the pockets empty because by the time you return gone you’ll find you have all manner of crap in them, and on the occasions you leave the house in non-cargo shorts/pants you will miss having someplace to put crap.

That said, the de-facto cargo shorts and pants appear to be the Wranglers, presumably because you get them at “the Walmart”, and I can’t stand the things.

My favorite are actually my magpul cargo pants/shorts because they don’t have the big balloon pockets, but as far as I can tell they stopped making them. They aren’t perfect but they’re my fav so far.

If vertex could ever once in ten years produce a pair of pants with consistent sizing, I’d like to like them. As it is I feel like I hav to order 6 pairs ( waist sizes 34, 36, and 38 with lengths 30 and 32 of each) to maybe find one that fits. I’ve had pants from them that have the same size printed on the tag but fit completely differently and are different actual sizes. And I can never recall the last time I experimented with them and which size I thought might maybe fit. I think it’s 38x30 which makes me sound like a fat troll when in fact I’m 6’ and 190 lbs.

I wear suits or the equivalent at customers, which at the moment feels like something I used to do. I work in jeans; cargos would seem weird at my job. At night and on weekends I wear jeans or shorts depending on the weather. Jeans are usually Gap on sale (they fit) or Kuhls. Shorts are Duluth dry on the fly.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Jeans are primary, unless the heat is over 90 degrees then some of the lightweight "REI" style stuff feels a little better with the sweating.

But truly about half the reason for preferring jeans is the "style" of looking like I don't give a fuck about cargo/tactical pattern pants. Yep, I'm a poser.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Go to Academy or Walmart...buy wranglers

Now I'm talking about traditional classic guy jeans, not the current stuff.

Since I'm stuck in the last century, what's the beef with jeans?
    Black Friday Walmart Wranglers were ten bucks a pair a couple of years ago. I loaded up.

User Tag List