Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your big boy Knives.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

If you want that handle on something you pre-order it is specifically Ghost Green Jade w/white liners!
    Perfect! Thank you!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    My newest big knife. It still needs a new grip and it is surprisingly light. It does not have that forward weight bias for chopping but I imagine it would leave a scary big wound on soft tissue
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok, I’ll play:

Name:  428DF05D-80C0-4F27-AFE3-A3246E77CE4F.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  101.2 KB

Commander size pistol for scale, I didn’t have a banana.

Varusteleka Skrama. This thing came out of the box scary sharp, lops 1” thick Autumn Olive branches off without even slowing the blade down. I may get a custom Kydex sheath made, for now it rides in my backpack.

1 of 1 Busse Battle Mistress with Spyderco SALT Endura for size comparison.

I fekkin love this knife. From the woods and fields of Indiana to the Rocky Mountains of Montana, it's been with me every step I took off of concrete. Used and abused, it's been back to the mother ship twice for refurbishing and resharpening.

A friend of mine was a distributor for Busse a couple of decades (dear Zeus, can it really be closer to 3 decades?) ago and asked me to work the table with him at the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show. We did a lot of demos and a ton of sales that weekend, but to my surprise, no one snatched up the 1 of 100 Bowie style Battle Mistress; personally, I couldn't stop eyeing and handling it, just a gorgeous heft and surprisingly lively for such a big blade. It was like a Crocodile Dundee knife...but for men.

Anyway, as we're packing up at the end of the show, Jerry calls my buddy to ask how it went and was thrilled with the report. My friend tells him that he couldn't have done it without me, he listens for a minute, nods and says, "Jerry says to pick any knife on the table by way of thanks." I aw shucks'd, scuffed my toe a little and resisted a bit, after all, I only worked the show because a buddy needed help, at no time did I expect recompense. Next thing I know, I'm on the phone with Jerry Busse and he wants to know what my favorite knife was that weekend. I tell him hands down it was the Bowie Mistress and he says that settles it, I'm to take it, go with God and enjoy it in good health.

When my buddy took it back to HQ for it's second rehab, he called to tell me Jerry loved seeing one of his knives get by God worked instead of just collected, asked if there was anything else I needed done to it. Need? No. Want? Well, I would love to have the false edge sharpened there at the custom shop...and that's how it became a true 1 of 1.

Name:  Busse & Endura.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  61.0 KB

Busse Battle Mistress 1 of 1

Most. Excellent.

I have/had a lot more but not many decent pics. I'm particularly fond of the Ka-Bar Becker line of knives. Used to spend a lot of time on Bladforums chatting with all the Beckerheads.

My BK4. I once did a solo overnighter with this as my only tool. Gathered firewood, made tent stakes, whatever needed done I did with this.
    Name:  BK4.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  89.7 KB

The BK9. I don't even remember how long I've had this one but it's my favorite knife of all time.
    Name:  BK9.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  101.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I keep a Becker "Brute" in the 4Runner. I have a couple other Becker pieces lying around as well. Proud to call Ethan a friend of many years.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by If1HitU View Post
    Thanks for that damn nonspecific link, now I have to have a Hibben Ulu....

You are costing me money in this time of .gov mandated work slow down.....

pat

Not a big boy knife, per se, but "big enough" boy knife. 1/4" forged 52100 made for me by ABS master smith Dan Farr some years ago. It's one tough, sharp brute.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

On my hip, lately, much of the time, an RMJ Tactical Raider Dagger, which, at 5-3/8” in blade length, is short enough to avoid being a “Location-Restricted Knife,” in Texas. (Just about everything, up to 5.5” in blade length, is now legal just about everywhere, since, IIRC, the 2017 legislative session*.)

https://www.rmjtactical.com/products/raider-dagger

Sometimes, things get bigger. Inspired by the V-42 Dagger, used by the “Devil’s Brigade” in WW II, the Spartan Blades collaboration with Les George is the V-14, which has been my most-recent quarantine retail therapy. I generally stay out of bars and hospitals, so this can now be an option, most days. At six-point-something inches, it is reasonably concealable, and short enough to be usable if grabbed with a pikal reverse grip.

https://spartanbladesusa.com/shop-al...e-v-14-dagger/

If I can ever settle down long enough to re-discover how to post images, I’ll add another reply to the thread.

*Blades up to 5.5” were always legal, but a double-edged blade was generally considered a dagger. The newer version of the knife law no longer forbids daggers, or double-edged blades. Blades longer than 5.5” had been prohibited, but are now simply “location-restricted” knives.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-28-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List