Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rethinking Armor

Rethinking Armor

So this current crisis has led to an increase in violent crimes and multiple assailant home invasions. I had a ferro concepts slickster set up with ar500 plates for working out. I brought it in and put it next to my bed, after some research I realized that ar500 doesn't stop popular 5.56 rounds at all so I just updated my armor. I see it as a cheap insurance policy. I know a lot of people scoff at civilians having armor but it seems like an advantage that is hard to look past in a fight.

I keep a set of HESCO plates and a roll of duct tape next to my bed just in case.

No, in all seriousness, obviously I get issued armor for my .mil job, but I don't take that home, so I did actually buy a set of HESCO plates, which are a reputable, quality product for my at home plate carrier. It now lives by the side of my bed out of an overabundance of caution. So I'm actually with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I keep a set of HESCO plates and a roll of duct tape next to my bed just in case.

No, in all seriousness, obviously I get issued armor for my .mil job, but I don't take that home, so I did actually buy a set of HESCO plates, which are a reputable, quality product for my at home plate carrier. It now lives by the side of my bed out of an overabundance of caution. So I'm actually with you on that.
    bought hesco as well.

Yall got a dealer for hesco plates?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yall got a dealer for hesco plates?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    https://store.atarmor.com/default.asp

no affiliation but I placed an order earlier today for the special purpose plates.

I would first invest in N95 masks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would first invest in N95 masks.
    why not both..? A mask is great at helping fighting disease but not a round to the chest.. straw man arguement

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    why not both..? A mask is great at helping fighting disease but not a round to the chest.. straw man arguement
    Since I have been lying in bed the last two days, with a fever and all the Covid symptoms, I may have a different perspective on the relative risk of disease vs getting shot.

I have no problem with armor, but seriously, it would be about 98th on my top 100 list of preparations for dealing with COVID-19.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Since I have been lying in bed the last two days, with a fever and all the Covid symptoms, I may have a different perspective on the relative risk of disease vs getting shot.

I have no problem with armor, but seriously, it would be about 98th on my top 100 list of preparations for dealing with COVID-19.
    Ah, crap @GJM. Hope it passes quickly with no complications. Keep us posted.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Good vibes for you man, hope you pull through soon.

User Tag List