Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Revolver loadout?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It goes without saying. Not the muscle mapping shorts, not your BJJ fight shorts, Dad shorts that are the equivalent of a ladies big purse. The ones with a place for everything....those kind of shorts.
    Hell yeah. I've got a med kit, my phone, wallet, pepper spray, two knives, a GP100 and a reload in my shorts. And plenty of room to carry whatever bullshit my wife can't fit in her shitty pockets.

You guys brightened my morning -- still chuckling!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    “Moose knuckle carry”
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

To many years of squatting and deadlifting precludes me from pocket carry even in my cargo shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    To many years of squatting and deadlifting precludes me from pocket carry even in my cargo shorts.
    You can get even bigger size shorts/pants and have seamstress or such alter the waist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    You can get even bigger size shorts/pants and have seamstress or such alter the waist.
    I can usually find pants that fit ok but anything that would allow me to get a fireing grip in a pocket would require mc hammer pants for me.

I just realized ive got 4 reloads right now.

My normal compll in my front right pocket, speed strip in my back left and 2 speed strips in my shoulder holster.

I can usually find pants that fit ok but anything that would allow me to get a fireing grip in a pocket would require mc hammer pants for me.
    You should continue looking for a pair that works for you. You're 2 legit 2 quit...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Yep fashion aspect is real trade off.

One of my best buddies is a body builder and isn't willing to wear lose enough clothes to conceal even J frame so he settled on a small 380. But in his job he has to present certain type of appearance even though he is business owner.

For me my health issues & injuries preclude concealment belt holsters (trigger crippling spams) but I wanted something better than j frame so vast majority of the time I wear pants with enough room in the thighs & big enough pocket to pocket carry pair of G26's with the 12 round mags & just don't care about how I look.

With some pants I have to go down to the flush 10 round mags because pocket opening is to small for smooth draw with the 12 rounders, but the 12 rounders give me a full grip with significant improvement in control. Especially for one handed shooting, two handed shooting can make up for lot of problems with gun grip fit IME.

My round butt model 36 no-dash is long retired from carry duty but I picked up a set of Sile stocks to play with. So it's stuffed in a barely serviceable Galco Stow-N-Go leather AIWB gunsock to check concealability, comfort, and consistency of draw as I pad around the house. Though the LCR in my pocket is what I'm reaching for if Lumerian cultists kick in the door.

This pattern has a reputation for lack of speedloader clearance. Despite that, they work better with my Ammo Pod and fine with an HKS.

User Tag List