Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver loadout?

Whether I am carrying the model 19 or the 442 same loadout

One speedloader front pocket and one 8 round soeedstrip with 6 rounds in a sticky holster in back pocket. Both weak side. That's how I load.

All reloads are 135gr Speer gold dot sb +p. Model 19 has magnums of same flavor loaded

Both are carried in sideguard quick clips appendix. I added the wedge to the m 19 holster. Works great.

I'm a guy who grew up as a young adult owning Glocks and the issued m92 but I have a deep love for revolvers. The model 19 is my dad's old police revolver. I pretty much cut my teeth on model 19's at police ranges in the 79s and 80s learning to shoot as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I ran into this Bactrian pocket J/K Frame speed loader pouch from Aholster a while back and thought it may interest some of you revolver folks as way to carry some extra ammo.

https://aholster.com/product/the-aholster-bactrian/
    I’d like to see that made to hold moon clips.

Usually it is a Ruger LCR loaded with Winchester Ranger +P with speed strip. Sometimes I will go with the SP101.

Just got a used galco shoulder holster for 2" k frames for cheap. Super easy to thow on a gun and 18 rounds(2 speed strip pouches on offside).

I actually got it to share with my wife so she might be more likely to carry at home.

Ive always liked shoulder holsters.

I wear an old cammie blouse as a light jacket alot and makes a perfect cover garment.

Name:  IMG_0136.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  58.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Doesn’t that Pipes guy carry a half dozen revolvers for his EDC load out?

Sorry guys and gals late to the party. 640pro AIWB, 340pds for pockets and 342's for ankles. NUTTIN carries as easy as J frames.....CYA
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post

Sorry guys and gals late to the party. 640pro AIWB, 340pds for pockets and 342's for ankles. NUTTIN carries as easy as J frames.....CYA
    Do you carry any extra ammo for all that iron?
    Nice collection BTW!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Nice collection BTW!
    Looks to me like his spare ammo is wrapped in another j frame.

I bought this older 3" Bulldog .44 special off Gunbroker. After 3 trips to CA and a new barrel (to straighten poi), polishing and rebluing, and new grips, I carry it most every day with a speed strip loaded with Silvertips and loaded with Underwood full wadcutters. If they kept the porting and instead put a sight on their little 2" .44 special blaster, I might buy one of them also. If I ever get around to trying to find a grip adapter, I might put those old grips back on.
    Name:  pix722414493.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  42.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191124_141919192.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  65.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I bought this older 3" Bulldog .44 special off Gunbroker. After 3 trips to CA and a new barrel (to straighten poi), polishing and rebluing, and new grips, I carry it most every day with a speed strip loaded with Silvertips and loaded with Underwood full wadcutters. If they kept the porting and instead put a sight on their little 2" .44 special blaster, I might buy one of them also. If I ever get around to trying to find a grip adapter, I might put those old grips back on.
    Name:  pix722414493.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  42.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191124_141919192.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  65.4 KB
    My first ever CF handgun was a .44 Bulldog, sold it to a guy who wanted something to carry snake shot in as his business was clearing power and gas line right of ways. I don’t think that gun ever fired another solid slug after he got it. I’d forgotten that gun, the cylinder latch liked to bite my thumb in recoil and it only held five so in the lack of wisdom of youth it didn’t stay long.

Nice Mernickle leather, his holsters do carry nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Nice collection BTW!
    Yes sir Rick I do. A 5rd slow strip in a pouch on my belt at 330. A slow strip in my right rear slash pocket of 511's. I use to carry Round nose reloads BUT after hearing DB say at the Pat Rogers Revolver Round Up, we were fooling ourselves thinking we might reload successfully under fire. So like Jeff Cooper's extra mag my reloads are for "afterwards". The slow strips are loaded with my carry Buffalo Bore 150 hard cast wadcutter.......CYA
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

User Tag List