Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver loadout?

For me, with my GP100, carried in a Kramer horsehide IWB: Upside down in a Galco 2X2X2 pouch, on a Bianchi Speed Strip: 6 rounds of Federal 158 gr HydraShok, on belt in 1 o'clock position; in a Tactical Tailor phone pouch, 2 X Speed Strips of the same; in a vest or jacket strong side pocket, a Safariland Comp III loaded with the same, for a total of 6 in the GP100, 24 on hand;

In my Security Six, carried in a Blade Tech IWB kydex holster: Same set up as with GP100, except using 125 gr .38 Special+P Remington Golden Sabers all around. Speedloader in pocket is a Safariland Comp II for a S&W K frame (which are slightly smaller than the Comp II Safariland makes for the Ruger -Sixes, but works just as well).

A field alternative holster for either pistol is my full-flap Bianchi UM84R, or a Hunter old-school leather w/securing strap OWB for the Security Six.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    It’s the Apollo minimalist, here:

https://legacyfirearmsco.com/apollo-minimalist/

Very comfy. I have one for 1911s too, and it even works with a 5" steel Gov’t model.

Here’s the other side:

Thanks for posting the link, bookmarked. I like the offset clip too, reduces bulk.

My EDCG is a Smith&Wesson® M&P® BODYGUARD™ w/Crimson Trace® Laser 38 Special BG38 (SKU: 10062)...
    Name:  SMITH POCKET DUMP.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  54.5 KB

My BUG is a Charter Arms® UNDERCOVER® DAO 38 Special (#13811)...
    Name:  MY BUG.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  20200329_210500.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  34.2 KB
    Just picked up a 638 to supplement my model 49. Plug on the way to take the place of the lock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    That's a good suggestion, I carry around a IMI Timberwolf in .44 mag, tube capacity is 10 rounds.
    I agree with the "too much ammo" phrase. I work out of my truck and would hate to guess how many rounds are in it at any given time
    Apologies for the drift, but how is that Timberwolf working out? I always loved the look and feel of them but they are very scarce down here. I have only ever seen three .357s for sale and two of them broke while being handled on the display rack (one at a shop I was working at) so that worried me. No experience with the .44 model though.

Thanks,
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Apologies for the drift, but how is that Timberwolf working out? I always loved the look and feel of them but they are very scarce down here. I have only ever seen three .357s for sale and two of them broke while being handled on the display rack (one at a shop I was working at) so that worried me. No experience with the .44 model though.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Mine has been fine, I've never kept it in a 4 wheeler rack or really done anything that would tend to bang it up a bit.
    It rides with me in my truck most days, has been strapped to a ruck a few times.
    The only issue I've ever heard about (but not experienced) is extractor problems. After market improved versions supposedly cure that.
    It's 5 1/2 LB of .44 RM goodness to me. They are petite guns, a very narrow receiver and small/slender buttstock. I wouldn't butt stroke a raging methhead with it. IMI (now IWI) didn't spend time making the receiver "svelt", it's kind of chunky looking.
    I think if I build a side folder for it, it would be a superslick rucksack gun.
    Peter J. Kokalis wrote a pretty positive review on them way back then, that kind of got me interested.

My working revolvers are down to two j frames, a 642 and a 442. The 442 is my main go to with crimson trace boot grips on it, usually carried with one Safariland speed loader if it’s the only gun I have on me. The 642 has Uncle Mikes rubber version of the Spegel boot grips and is loaded with wad cutters and a speed strip reload.

I go back and forth on putting laser grips on the 642. The main reason I don’t is because lasers are illegal in Chicago and on the rare occasion I have to go to that shit hole I usually need something really deep concealed. That’s pretty much the 642s sole purpose. Deep concealment shit hole gun.

With a small gun like a J or Colt D, gun and one speed loader in right front pocket, no holster or plastic milk jug holster to reduce wear on the pocket. Also two speed strips in the watch pocket. Ive worn through several watch pockets from the sharp edges on the speed strips, Ive filed the edges a bit with emery boards but probably should do more filing.

Field/belt gun is usually on a cartridge belt with 24 or so rds on the belt and one speed loader, sometimes a speed strip or two in a pocket if convenient. Single action revolver same, but no speed loader, I often carry 6 spares in a pocket pointed the correct direction to load into the gun when removed from the pocket.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I ran into this Bactrian pocket J/K Frame speed loader pouch from Aholster a while back and thought it may interest some of you revolver folks as way to carry some extra ammo.

https://aholster.com/product/the-aholster-bactrian/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I ran into this Bactrian pocket J/K Frame speed loader pouch from Aholster a while back and thought it may interest some of you revolver folks as way to carry some extra ammo.

https://aholster.com/product/the-aholster-bactrian/
    I like the looks of that and how it orients the speeloaders.
    Seems it would break up the outline of the reload well also if that were a concern.

User Tag List