Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver loadout?

Site Supporter
    I'm too old and broken to carry on or in the waistband any longer so I'm humiliating myself by carrying a man-purse. In my case it's an old Maxpadition GTG (Good-to-Go) bag. In the CC pocket at the back is my TK-Custom modified 386 Night Guard. In addition to the Moonclip modification I replaced the factory fixed rear with a standard, plain blade S&W adjustable rear, with the outside corners rounded.

Because of the short stroke of the 2.5" barrel's ejector, and in perhaps an even larger part because my old arthritic hands can't handle Magnums anymore, I carry the Buffalo Bore Heavy 38 Special +P SWCHP-GC. In addition to the seven Mooncliped in the modified cylinder I have two more Moonclips loaded with the same ammunition on a modified two Moonclip belt holder in the verticle pouch on the left side of the GTG bag.

I also bought a 642 without the IL. Had my gunsmith install a XS standard dot to make the front sight at least visible. Haven't yet figured out pocket carry. The leather pocket holster in the jeans I always wear makes it look like I have a gun in my pocket. And, the bloody thing is hard to get out with a decent grip on the gun. If pocket carry is in my future it will take some work on my part to get it right.

Getting old (and broken) sucks. These aren't the golden years, that's just a trick of the light. They're the rusted years. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I'm too old and broken to carry on or in the waistband any longer so I'm humiliating myself by carrying a man-purse. In my case it's an old Maxpadition GTG (Good-to-Go) bag. In the CC pocket at the back is my TK-Custom modified 386 Night Guard. In addition to the Moonclip modification I replaced the factory fixed rear with a standard, plain blade S&W adjustable rear, with the outside corners rounded.

Because of the short stroke of the 2.5" barrel's ejector, and in perhaps an even larger part because my old arthritic hands can't handle Magnums anymore, I carry the Buffalo Bore Heavy 38 Special +P SWCHP-GC. In addition to the seven Mooncliped in the modified cylinder I have two more Moonclips loaded with the same ammunition on a modified two Moonclip belt holder in the verticle pouch on the left side of the GTG bag.

I also bought a 642 without the IL. Had my gunsmith install a XS standard dot to make the front sight at least visible. Haven't yet figured out pocket carry. The leather pocket holster in the jeans I always wear makes it look like I have a gun in my pocket. And, the bloody thing is hard to get out with a decent grip on the gun. If pocket carry is in my future it will take some work on my part to get it right.

Getting old (and broken) sucks. These aren't the golden years, that's just a trick of the light. They're the rusted years. (smile)

Dave
    DAVE, TRY YA AN AHOLSTER FOR YOUR POCKET........CYA
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    I'll second that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    I don't know if anything draws easily from a tight jean pocket. Some jeans have larger pockets like the Carhartts. Anymore before I buy a pair, I check the pockets for roominess and depth since i sometimes like to stuff that 3" Bulldog in there. Also works so much better with pockets that aren't only open at the top but down the side also.

Site Supporter
    Mike,

I ordered an AHolster. If it doesn't work it's all your fault. (LOL)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Mike,

I ordered an AHolster. If it doesn't work it's all your fault. (LOL)

Dave
    I hear ya brother. If you don't like it I'll buy it from ya.............................CYA
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

You also need “Dad pants” as opposed to mom jeans or teen jeans (skinny). Dad pants have big, deep pockets and a relaxed fit (for fat people with thunder thighs). Trying to pocket carry in tight jeans in no different that trying to carry a full size service pistol IWB in tightly fitted jeans.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    You also need “Dad pants” as opposed to mom jeans or teen jeans (skinny). Dad pants have big, deep pockets and a relaxed fit (for fat people with thunder thighs). Trying to pocket carry in tight jeans in no different that trying to carry a full size service pistol IWB in tightly fitted jeans.
    Cargo shorts are also great, especially down here in SoFla where they're basically appropriate year round.

99% of the time, if I'm carrying a revolver, this is what I'm carrying.

A semi-bobbed 360-J with a strip in the watch pocket (along with a POM hot sauce). The vast majority of the time, I'm carrying a Langdon 92. A revolver, for me, is carried NPE or if I'm going to just be hanging out at home, or at a friends house...somewhere I'm "virtually" certain that no one is going to need to be shot...and access to a long-gun is pretty quick. It's my, "I'm not going to bother carrying a gun", gun.

While working out, I carry a 351c. Likewise, during the colder months the 351c gets dropped in the front pocket of a drug-rug, as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    +1 on the bigger pants for pocket carry similar to what many need for IWB

I've pocket carried up to 4" S&W 629, loaded with 44 Special/200 GDHP, casually for answering door when I lived at end of 1/4 mile driveway in the country. Though that wouldn't have been comfortable for more than hour or so.

And pocket carry pair of G26 normally because old injuries & health issues make any type of strongside concealment belt holster extremely painful (crippling back & intercostal spasms).

User Tag List