Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver loadout?

Revolver loadout?

For those who worship in the Temple of The BiG Round Thing and carry a revolver for EDC or special occasion. What is your preferred “Load out”?

For me, I started in law enforcement when the revolver was still king. We went out to right wrongs, crush crime and rescue fair damsels with six in the gun and two speed loaders or drop pouches. There were older guys still carrying 12 extra middle of the back in loops back in the early 80’s.

These days I normally carry a Commander size 1911 (9mm not a total Neanderthal) but for nostalgia or woods hiking I’ll break out either the:

.44 S&W Mtn Gun, DeSantis Speed Scabbard, one Safariland speed loader and one speed strip or six in belt loops if I have the 1894 Marlin along.

Or

10mm Ruger 3” GP-100, Simply Rugged pancake, one or two moonclips and a .38 speed strip loaded with extra rounds.
    FWIW The little cannon is 100% reliable with loose 10mm rounds.

If I’m carrying a revolver... it’s my 9mm 642-1.

LaserMax weapon light, CT LG-405s, Apex Duty/Carry Kit... and redone in NP3 Plus. The 9mm cylinder is a conversion that I picked up on AR15.com, so I sort of have a convertible with the original .38 cylinder.

Usually carried on a White Hat Holster OWB, with reloads in Del Fatti carriers. I tend to carry three reloads on me, and then leave a fourth in the truck. Using Hornady 147 grain XTP.

Doesn’t that Pipes guy carry a half dozen revolvers for his EDC load out?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Screwball,
    I can’t get my paws or mind comfortable with a J frame size gun. A .38 / 9mm conversation DA would be really handy. That is a good looking little gun.

GJM
    Would that be a New York Six Pack?

I quite enjoy carrying my Model 66 2.75" AIWB in a JM "George", with a speed strip in the watch pocket of my jeans. Occasionally there's a Safariland loader in one of my pockets. But that's pretty much been the every day setup during cool weather.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is my habitual carry, 19 years of carrying DA revolvers in the service and LEO. Just comfortable with the platform.

I carry a 3 inch LCRx in .38 Special pretty much whenever my pants are on. I don't carry a reload, although I've been thinking about changing that practice after talking to a few friends. I also have a JMCK holster coming for my 3 inch GP100 10mm, because I'm a lowkey idiot and really want to carry that AIWB.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    For those who worship in the Temple of The BiG Round Thing and carry a revolver for EDC or special occasion. What is your preferred “Load out”?
    3" Model 65 in a JMCK IWB holster, Ranger+P.

These days I normally carry a Commander size 1911 (9mm not a total Neanderthal)
    Typing is hard with the scars on my hands from dragging my knuckles on the ground. (Carrying a .45 Commander since this current mess got going.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    3" Model 65 in a JMCK IWB holster, Ranger+P
    An absolutely wonderful little revolver. One of the things the FBI did good on was issuing an attorney/accountant proof gun.

Do you carry a reload with it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    An absolutely wonderful little revolver. One of the things the FBI did good on was issuing an attorney/accountant proof gun.

Do you carry a reload with it?
    Yep. A Comp-II in a front pocket and a speedstrip (8 round with 6 in it) in a back pocket.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List