Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: Clippers, guards, and such.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The corded versions seem to work better than cordless. The only reason I keep the cordless for hurricane season. None can survive the drop test.
    I actually did drop the Oster Fast Feed on a tile surface, right on the blade. Had to get out a screwdriver and reset the alignment, but it appears to be none the worse for the experience.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

RFI: Clippers, guards, and such.

Just ordered this one:

Wahl Professional Beret Lithium Ion Cord/Cordless Trimmer
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787N1LLC/

I can use it for beard trimming after the pandemic is over.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-26-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    We have Wahls which we use for dog, cat, RevolverRob, mohair jackets, shag carpets, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Grooming-husb...112474&sr=8-17

Ditto in our house, although we don't have the bling model.

The wife has been cutting my hair for the last five years or so. She's gotten a lot better, but I still get the occasional "whoops". I couldn't care less. "Just cut it shorter", I tell her, "it grows back". She does the dogs and our son as well.

Site Supporter
    Been cutting my own hair for a decade now. I have thick, wavy hair that tends to "fro" out if I let it grow. I gave up on having a hair style and just went to a "one length all over" clipper cut. I do go to barber every so often to clean up the lines. When I do that, I'll have them give it a bit more shape, but when I do it myself, it's a Wahl clipper with #3 guard.

I have a similar clipper set to the one Borderland linked (mine doesn't have the angled guards). I bought it to keep my beard in check when I grow it out (something I do every couple years). I decided to give it a try on my head. Except for needing more passes due to the narrower cutting head, it did well. I used the 9mm guard, which is a hair tad shorter than the #3 on the Wahl.

Chris

User Tag List