Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G19 + SF x-300 AIWB or IWB

G19 + SF x-300 AIWB or IWB

I’m considering switching from 1911 IWB to a G19 w/ surefire X-300. I’ve always carried IWB at 4 o’clock for the last 30 years. Never carried w/ a wml so that will be new. With this gun /WML combo should I consider AIWB? I have no reservations about this combo working at 4 o’clock. Also thinking about a JMCK for the rig. Does anyone else carry with WML?

DSG Rigel. I have three of them now. One is a spare, one is for my g17, and one is for my 1911 (yes, my particular 1911 fits, as did my Wilson edc x9)

IWB carry at 4 O'clock with WML

I was hoping this thread would get a little more traction. Do some of you carry your handgun with an WML? Lets see those rigs.

At the end of the day your decision on how to carry and what to carry is just that - your decision.

I will pose a question though:

Why the sudden decision to switch up your daily carry and add a WML?

great question. I have an X-300 on my "night stand" gun and I have started thinking that having the additional "tool" of light on the gun is a good idea. While I might not need the light, I also might never need the gun. The idea that I might not need it is a poor qualifier for not having it on the gun. I am often carrying a gun at night and being able to see threats can't hurt. I have a light on my rifle, why not my handgun. My thought is the size/weight is a small penalty for the benefit one gets. Flawed thougts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpphoto View Post
    I was hoping this thread would get a little more traction. Do some of you carry your handgun with an WML? Lets see those rigs.
    A lot of folks do.

Aiwb w/x300

Name:  E736452D-2612-4E5D-AF47-8CB292BFC6AE.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  1BEB0F85-74DE-47FE-9103-4C649A42BC8D.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  59.2 KB

I do not normally carry with a WML in place. I do not even care for the square-ish profile of a railed pistol, inside my trousers, at traditional IWB position, for more than a very short time period, so a WML would, obviously, make that even worse.

At AIWB, there is simply no available space. No railed pistol finds favor with me, for AIWB. The only autos I carry AIWB are the G42 and 1911. For reference, I can willingly carry a 4” Speed Six or GP100, AIWB. (My best AIWB rig, a JMCK, however, is for 3” revolvers.)

My old police duty belt, which I bought for myself, so is now, I reckon, my retiree “battle belt,” has a Safariland Quick-Release receptacle, into which I can slide my WML-compatible Safariland 6360 holster body, which has the Quick Release fork component screwed into place. So, during the relatively few occasions I would wear such a rig, I carry a G19 with a WML affixed.

Notably, I am usually quite diligent in carrying sturdy hand-held lights, and will often have one in-hand in low-light environments, a habit developed during 33+ years of night-shift police patrol. (Notably, during much of that time, attaching a WML to my duty and defensive weapons was FORBIDDEN, 24/7/365. I will neither confirm nor deny being a rebel, regarding that rule, when and after it was enacted. Let’s just say that my above-mentioned WML-compatible duty holster was privately-owned, and separate from my usual duty holster, on the normal shank, mounted at 0300. My QR receptacle is mounted elsewhere.

Finally, I seem to shifting, primarily, to revolving pistols, for carry, 2+ years into being a private citizen. I will keep using Glocks, especially in abusive environments, and will probably never stop using 1911 pistols. WMLs and revolvers are not a usual mix.

It is not that I am anti-WML. I was an early adopter of the concept, back in the M3 days, shifting to the Surefire X200 and then X300.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Just started carrying aiwb with a wml in a phlster floodlight. So far I like it. Only had it a few hours but so far it’s good. Might be another option
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Since you joined PF only yesterday, you might want to read a bit more and get a feel for our community before starting a low information thread and then acting surprised there isn’t more action on it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since you joined PF only yesterday, you might want to read a bit more and get a feel for our community before starting a low information thread and then acting surprised there isn’t more action on it.
    my date of joining is irrelevant to the lack of replies from members. The other posters replies were helpful and thoughtful, yours, not so much. Thanks for taking time for condescension.

User Tag List