Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Made is USA Savage Renegauge!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Particularly with the adjustable stock (did I read that correctly? Adjustable stock not just shins?) that becomes an interesting option.
    Not adjustable per se, but a set of shims (or more accurately spacers) with dedicated buttpads so the lines were maintained.

It's probably splitting hairs, but I consider an adjustable stock one where you don't add/remove parts.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Not adjustable per se, but a set of shims (or more accurately spacers) with dedicated buttpads so the lines were maintained.

It's probably splitting hairs, but I consider an adjustable stock one where you don't add/remove parts.
    agree completely.

Doesn’t look like “lower price” is part of the deal.
    $1450 msrp
    https://www.savagearms.com/content?p...ummary&s=57602
    Referring to the post I quoted: are there any plans for an 18 inch defense/tactical?

That could likely be a less expensive package.

^What he said. I'd be interested, as I'd rather buy something from a U.S. company than a Beretta.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Unfortunately for Savage, COVID-19 may play havoc with the market acceptance of a new shotgun. I hope Savage is ready for a slow start.
    Right. Like Mazda launched the second generation Mazda6 two weeks before the economy imploded last time and nobody noticed. And S&W made all several brilliant scandium revolvers in 2008, which sold poorly that year, and won't put them back into production even though the used ones now command higher than new prices.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    ^What he said. I'd be interested, as I'd rather buy something from a U.S. company than a Beretta.
    If only for 922(r) compliance. Don't want to start none here, as I've said everything I have to say about that in the 1301 thread.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Another question... Has Savage engineered out the malfunction that the Beretta 1301 exhibit(ed) where a shell binds on the elevator if the bolt release is pressed while the bolt is forward? (Hope I explained the correctly.). Serious business. At $1,400 I need a reason to purchase this brand new product over the known-good 1301.

Also, it looks like Savage combined Mossberg’s Blink gas system with Remington’s Versamax. Not saying that’s a bad thing, just an observation. I like the Savage ethos of solid performing guns without a premium price tag. One thing though, Savage really needs to clean up that ugly ass weld where the action bars attach to the gas piston thing under the forend. I’ve seen that on a couple of videos now. Pure aesthetics I know, but at over a grand, that weld ought look just a little cleaner.
    Last edited by Tensaw; 03-26-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The pride definitely shows in the video. Awesome gun and video!!
    I am very well pleased with the result!
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Very cool!! You mention a forthcoming 3gun model, are there any plans for an 18 inch defense/tactical? Would be interesting to see it compared to a 1301T

The 18 would take a pretty good revision of the gas system. I will be assembling a HD/ Tact/ 3G unit on the 24"

I don’t really don’t mind/care about the price. I was just providing information for the other guy.

It is interesting to see Savage selling something at a premium over their usual offerings. I think it will proved challenging for them. Like when VW tried to sell a premium sedan.

Which isn’t to say anything negative, or positive, about the gun since I know nothing about it. More of a business comment.
    Sorry for my less than pleasant reply...I have been dealing with soooo many who think Savage ought to stay in their lane and
    only build guns that are at the low end of the price spectrum. Having worked with Benelli, Stoeger, Winchester...Savage has
    put everything the others have and more into this shooting machine...and we could not do it without pricing to match what we
    exceed.

out of curiosity, what do we consider to be the primary competition for these? What's comparable?
    Benelli, Beretta, Winchester, Browning. Any of their best.

User Tag List