Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Why Managing Unknown Contacts is So important. ( Tampa FL US Army soldier)

This is Why Managing Unknown Contacts is So important. ( Tampa FL US Army soldier)

Listen to the news cast and watch the Video, you can see the targeting, pre-assult indicators, it is a text book ambush.

I tell folks all the time that MUC is the most important thing you can learn!! You still need good gun skills and in IMHO they could have come into play on this attack.

I also wonder how this will tie into the other S florida shooting..........

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/255...in-South-Tampa

Tampa, Florida -- Police want your help finding four men who teamed up to beat a young U.S. Army soldier in a South Tampa street.

It was an awful welcome to Tampa Bay for a young soldier. Police say the victim of a violent beating caught on camera is 24 years old and has lived in Tampa for less than a month.

Photo Gallery: Soldier beaten and robbed in South Tampa

He's a U.S. Army soldier assigned to MacDill Air Force Base and lives not far from the base at Dale Mabry Hwy. and Interbay Blvd.

Police say Sunday morning, at around 3 a.m., the soldier's car broke down a few miles from home along Westshore Blvd.

The attack came when he was walking home and using Iowa St. to get from Westshore to Dale Mabry. At the intersection of Iowa and Renellie Dr., the man came into the view of a neighbor's motion-activated security camera.

A group of three young men is seen walking ahead of the soldier. Police say one of the men in the group doubled back and asked to soldier to borrow a dollar. When the soldier reached for his wallet, the first punch flew.

The first, tremendous sucker punch laid the victim onto the ground. The other two men joined in, punching and kicking the soldier.

A fourth man comes sprinting into view from the left edge of the video. The new attacker -- a man the soldier said he had walked past earlier -- joined in the beating.

Tampa Police officers say the crooks stole the soldier's wallet and cell phone, then took off south on Renellie Dr. When he eventually got to his feet, the victim had to knock on doors to find someone to help him call 911.

See Also: Video shows young soldier severely beaten

The soldier was taken to Tampa General Hospital with cuts and bruises on his face and head. Police say he is expected to make a full recovery.

Police say they haven't gotten many useful details about the suspects from the video.

The victim was not able to tell police much more: they're all in their late teens to early 20's. Two were black men with an average build, police said. One attacker was possibly Hispanic, also with an average build. The fourth man was also black, but with a heavier build.

Police are hoping someone knows about this brutal beating and will call Tampa Police at 813-354-6600 to help them find the attackers.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    In college towns you see the same pattern as well. If you're a middle class white person it doesn't usually pay to be on foot after 10 PM in most places. The odds of becoming a target of what is usually multiple assailants is pretty high. Thinking through the assault/robbery incidents in my area, I can't think of a single one in the last year or so that's only involved one bad guy.

It looks like three of the four have their hoods up. On a warm night wearing a hoodie. That's a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

"Got a dollar?" or any derivation of which...

"Got the time?"

"Know where the bus/train/street...."

All are setup quotes

+1 for hoody up = issue.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Voodoo I've been meaning to post I like your signature!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Situational Awareness, Threat Indictors, and Pre-Assault Cues are only part of it though.

The only people out after midnight are predators and potential victims... Obviously there are times that you have no choice but to be in a bad spot, so just recognizing you're a two-legged meal ticket for somebody is pretty important.

Given that nature of that attack, short of not being there at all, I wonder if the best he could have done would have been to keep a fence up and just be ready to fight while arcing to keep awareness. He was up sh*t creek without a paddle from the gitgo. I'm not sure he could have managed his way out of that one.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Voodoo I've been meaning to post I like your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The only people out after midnight are predators and potential victims... Obviously there are times that you have no choice but to be in a bad spot, so just recognizing you're a two-legged meal ticket for somebody is pretty important.

Given that nature of that attack, short of not being there at all, I wonder if the best he could have done would have been to keep a fence up and just be ready to fight while arcing to keep awareness. He was up sh*t creek without a paddle from the gitgo. I'm not sure he could have managed his way out of that one.
    I am always out after midnight...guess I am a predator?

VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I am always out after midnight...guess I am a predator?

No, you're a potential victim
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    No, you're a potential victim
    My shiny tin badge say otherwise
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List