Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOLOSUN pistol optic on a rifle

HOLOSUN pistol optic on a rifle

So, I'd like to put a RMR pattern holosun on my AR. I'm looking for durability first. Any recommendations on which model and lower 1/3 mount?

I put a 507c on my Glock. Same foot print as the RMR. I had an RMR before I got the 507c and it didn’t work with my astigmatism. I’ve had zero issues with the holosun. You can find used Scalar works lower 1/3 mounts for $75. You can find the 507c for $215 brand new since the new V2 is coming out. Also give the 508T a look, same as the 507 with a titanium housing. Give this video a look.

https://youtu.be/JuOyq90oa-Q

Another option for me is to put the RM06 on my G17 on the rifle, and the holosun goes on the pistol

Site Supporter
    I have one of the dot only 407 models in a 9mm AR via Trijicons excellent carry handle mount. No issues so far.

Holosun 508T (titanium) on T.REX offset mount. Same cowitness height as 1.57 optic mounts, and it comes with a little spacer if you want it to echo 1.93 mount height. It’s tucked up as tight as can be to a LPVO. It’s one piece, not screwed together out of multiple pieces of aluminum like some of the other choices. I highly recommend. (Just realized you’re probably not wanting 45 but here goes anyway)
    Name:  C1F97CAE-174D-439C-8FA1-8F0B45DD3DD8.jpg
Views: 3040
Size:  24.0 KB
    Name:  D507618B-38A7-4732-859D-E57EC8A7B4A5.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  23.5 KB

Name:  ADCC0574-4CD2-4C0C-82F1-6A4A026A7768.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  29.0 KB
    Here’s a mount FS on Tacswap.

I’m very interested in this. While I prefer 30mm optics I have a new AK en route and I’m thinking the smaller the optic the lower the dot, which seems like a good idea to me...

I have a spare RMR02, and considered putting it on a recently acquired DD PDW, but I had the same RMR02 on a spare carbine for about two years and disliked the noticeable distortion (and tint) of the RMR glass. I tolerate it on handguns because the glass distortion/tint are less distracting at closer distances, and I believe it's still the best pistol red dot option, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a carbine.

Really interested to hear if the Holosun 507c is different in glass quality/tint as it would apply to shooting at distance with a carbine.

Chiming in as another person who's been thinking of a small Holosun on an AK... I know, I know, it's damned near stereotypical, but I'm not cheap (just dumb according to my wife) as it's a Rifle Dynamics AK-74 with an Ultimak mount. So, heat will be an issue, but this is really a, "because I wanted it gun" and not one for playing King of the Hill after the world ends. Can I get away with Holosun prices or do I need to man up and buy an Aimpoint?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I have a spare RMR02, and considered putting it on a recently acquired DD PDW, but I had the same RMR02 on a spare carbine for about two years and disliked the noticeable distortion (and tint) of the RMR glass. I tolerate it on handguns because the glass distortion/tint are less distracting at closer distances, and I believe it's still the best pistol red dot option, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a carbine.

Really interested to hear if the Holosun 507c is different in glass quality/tint as it would apply to shooting at distance with a carbine.
    The Holosun looks better and has a slightly larger / clearer window than the RMR.

The 500 series Holosuns also have the option of a circle dot reticle.

User Tag List