Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1894cs JM in .357/.38

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    How are the modern Marlins looking these days, Lee? An 1894 SBL/CSBL look to be the bee's knees.
    I bought an 1894c last June, and other than a ridiculously overly long magazine spring, it's been great.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Mine needs to come out to play more often. It hangs up on .38 SWC unless you work the lever with gusto and authority. And even then it still might hang up. I've picked up some FMJ since the last time it was out so I need to try that next.

This is worth looking at as well: Fixing the dreaded “Marlin Jam”

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Regarding .38 special in lever guns, I found this short primer to be well worth my time.

http://www.longhunt.com/web/index.ph...873-winchester

He’s talking about his own 1873-pattern cowboy action builds, but the bullet shape/length principles will be similar in any tube-fed .357. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Mine needs to come out to play more often. It hangs up on .38 SWC unless you work the lever with gusto and authority. And even then it still might hang up. [/URL]

I found the same thing at the range this weekend

Nice setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Regarding .38 special in lever guns, I found this short primer to be well worth my time.

http://www.longhunt.com/web/index.ph...873-winchester

He’s talking about his own 1873-pattern cowboy action builds, but the bullet shape/length principles will be similar in any tube-fed .357. JMO.
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

[QUOTE=awp_101;1019342]

Have you had Marlin Jam happen to you?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Have you had Marlin Jam happen to you?
    Not that I'm aware of but I haven't tried to run it hard either. That site was always the go to suggestion on the lever action forum when someone asked about Marlin feed issues so it's always stuck with me.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Mine needs to come out to play more often. It hangs up on .38 SWC unless you work the lever with gusto and authority. And even then it still might hang up. I've picked up some FMJ since the last time it was out so I need to try that next.

Those cheap ass Tasco 2x20 shotgun scopes are worth way more than they ever retailed for. Especially the made in Japan models.
    They’re perfect when you want a bit more eye relief but not a full on scout scope.

My 1894 Stainless .357/38spl
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter

Fiber optic front sight

Has anyone sourced a fiber optic front sight for current production Marlin 1894s?

User Tag List