Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1894cs JM in .357/.38

Marlin 1894cs JM in .357/.38

I bought a nice little Marlin 1894cs JM in .357/.38 last night. 9+1 capacity with .357, 10+1 capacity with .38 (so I am told), 18 1/2" barrel. Should make a good travel carbine. Legal most places, traditional, non-threatening looks.

Here a few pictures of it. It is in immaculate condition. Not a scratch or mark on it anywhere. I bought it from the original owner. It came with the original box, packing & paperwork. The first two numbers of the serial number are “05” indicating that it was made in 1995.

One odd thing about this one, the “JM” stamp on the barrel was double stamped. I included a picture of it below.

I have been blessed lately with finding some pretty nice pre-owned firearms here locally. I am excited to take this one to the range this weekend!

"JM" Double Stamped

Last edited by 4given; 03-24-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Looks great! Enjoy. A 38/.357 rifle is on my want list.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Please allow me to officially call you a Rat Bastard, then plead with you to sell that to me at a very reasonable price.

A solid Marlin in .357/.38 is on my short list, and that appears to be a beauty.

Congratulations on the purchase and may it serve you well!

Congratulations! That's a nice find. I've been looking for one like that for a while. Looks like it's in great shape.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Mine is fully disassembled at the moment. Finally have all the stuff back together in one place. Getting it up and running is on my list for this quaran-time.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Please allow me to officially call you a Rat Bastard, then plead with you to sell that to me at a very reasonable price.

A solid Marlin in .357/.38 is on my short list, and that appears to be a beauty.

Congratulations on the purchase and may it serve you well!
    LOL!!! Thanks! I hope you find one! they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    Congratulations! That's a nice find. I've been looking for one like that for a while. Looks like it's in great shape.

Fortunately I live in a free state where honest law abiding citizens can freely trade firearms among themselves with no hassles. This results in folks opening up their safes when they need money, want to downsize their collection or they are hot after something else. There is a firearms section in the local online classifieds were folks advertise and some really nice stuff comes up for sale.

I hope to find one of these after this is over. I had just bought some ammo before this hit, for me and a couple friends, but was wanting to get some more and hit the range. (around too many high risk people)
    This is on my wish list.

Site Supporter
    Mine has some scratches and other beauty marks. LOL!

Name:  043E2DE7-B0DE-42FC-A66E-EDAD7A252CF0.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  49.9 KB

Gosh that's a nice gun. An 1894 in .357 is something I need in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List