Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some new holsters

Need some new holsters

I carry appendix a lot with either a Tenicor or SOB Condom holster. Zero printing and when I’m upright it’s very comfortable. Sitting sucks though. Glock 19 for reference.

I want to carry more at 3-4 o’clock but I always print badly with the butt of the grip. Recommend some good IWB holster that you like for this position.

I need a couple holsters for my 43X as well as I’ll probably start carrying that more often.

The JMCK IWB3 works well for me.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

Tony is great about making recommendations based on preference and body size/type.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    My preference also, lots of options on cant also. For a G19 I would figure on 15 degrees at 3:00.

I've been using KRounds for a while.

https://krounds.com/product/traditio...kydex-holster/

I may be lucky but most holsters of this pattern tend to work well for me. A good belt is also a big part of the equation.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

Tony is great about making recommendations based on preference and body size/type.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    My preference also, lots of options on cant also. For a G19 I would figure on 15 degrees at 3:00.
    I use the IWB#3 with my full-size PX4s and M&P45s, using the 25-degree cant. I think the 15-degree would work with the G19 due to its shorter grip and steeper grip angle.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I use the IWB#3 with my full-size PX4s and M&P45s, using the 25-degree cant. I think the 15-degree would work with the G19 due to its shorter grip and steeper grip angle.
    I have a IWB3 with 15 degree cant. I carry my 19 in and am pleased. I have thought of ordering one with a 25 degree to see how it varies. I would like to be able to carry my 45 with the full size grip.

Is there any disadvantage the more cant?

JMCK IWB #3 is far more comfortable than it has a right to be and works well. In my world, it's a "why consider anything else?" option for 3-4:00 IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have a IWB3 with 15 degree cant. I carry my 19 in and am pleased. I have thought of ordering one with a 25 degree to see how it varies. I would like to be able to carry my 45 with the full size grip.

Is there any disadvantage the more cant?
    In my experience, I think as you get up to 25 degrees you end up moving the muzzle of the gun up higher, closer to the belt, and the pistol becomes less stable. With the 4.5" M&P45 probably not a problem, the shorter the gun the more tendency. Obviously this has a lot to do with how a person is shaped, and if the gun doesn't stick down far enough for my butt to push out on it my got takes over and pushes it out. I want the belt to be the balance point, but maybe my gut is bigger than my butt. But this is all regarding a 3:00 position, I know Tony at JM recommends more cant the farther back around you wear the thing, because that is going to accommodate how your wrist bends.

One reason I moved away from some of the traditional Sparks stuff was too much can't, especially with things like the M&P 3.5" compacts and the Officer Models, it just seemed like the gun was ready to tip forward.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    In my experience, I think as you get up to 25 degrees you end up moving the muzzle of the gun up higher, closer to the belt, and the pistol becomes less stable. With the 4.5" M&P45 probably not a problem, the shorter the gun the more tendency. Obviously this has a lot to do with how a person is shaped, and if the gun doesn't stick down far enough for my butt to push out on it my got takes over and pushes it out. I want the belt to be the balance point, but maybe my gut is bigger than my butt. But this is all regarding a 3:00 position, I know Tony at JM recommends more cant the farther back around you wear the thing, because that is going to accommodate how your wrist bends.

One reason I moved away from some of the traditional Sparks stuff was too much can't, especially with things like the M&P 3.5" compacts and the Officer Models, it just seemed like the gun was ready to tip forward.
    This is the mid-size M&P45, 4" barrel. The holster for the 4.5" has the belt loops at the same place, just more of the gun is below your waistline. I'm 6'1", 180 with no gut and a smidge of love handles. For me, the holster balances well with no tendency for the butt to push out, it's actually pretty tight against my side. This Graith belt is the thinnest I use with this holster, the others are five-stitch Wilderness Instructor or Frequent Flyer belts.

Name:  m-p4.0.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  34.7 KB

This is the mid-size M&P45, 4" barrel. The holster for the 4.5" has the belt loops at the same place, just more of the gun is below your waistline. I'm 6'1", 180 with no gut and a smidge of love handles. For me, the holster balances well with no tendency for the butt to push out, it's actually pretty tight against my side. This Graith belt is the thinnest I use with this holster, the others are five-stitch Wilderness Instructor or Frequent Flyer belts.
    That looks like a nice setup. I also wonder if some of the other offerings I have had in the past might even be more cant than 25 degrees.
    I experimented with ten degrees and it was OK, but I decided it was no faster than the fifteen (that is more concealable) so I settled there.

And you are in better shape than I am...

User Tag List