Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some new holsters

Site Supporter
    I have to agree on the JMCK IWB #3 for comfort, stability, and concealment. It is also reasonably priced.

Custom Carry Concepts Uno and JM IWB 3 are probably my favorite. They are VERY close, but I think I actually prefer the CCC slightly.

Edit to add:
    Apparently CCC has changed to a version 2 of the Uno holster. I have only version 1 holsters. It's probably great, but I hate change.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 03-25-2020 at 12:13 AM.

JMCK IWB#3 25 degree cant for me, nothing else has ever come close

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Custom Carry Concepts Uno and JM IWB 3 are probably my favorite. They are VERY close, but I think I actually prefer the CCC slightly.

Edit to add:
    Apparently CCC has changed to a version 2 of the Uno holster. I have only version 1 holsters. It's probably great, but I hate change.

I have both and like both.

The V2 Uno has slightly larger hole spacing for a clip that is slightly wider than the V1. If you are using PTD loops, JM's wide spacing option is even wider and more stable.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Guys, I have a new design (actually more of a replacement probably, for the IWB2) that has a wider space hole pattern than the wide spaced IWB3 and will have adjustable cant. If there is a down side to it is that it is not red dot compatible as the slide side loop is in the sight channel. I will try and get some pics together!

Thanks for all the kudos for the IWB3!! I really love that holster as well for strong side IWB!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Guys, I have a new design (actually more of a replacement probably, for the IWB2) that has a wider space hole pattern than the wide spaced IWB3 and will have adjustable cant. If there is a down side to it is that it is not red dot compatible as the slide side loop is in the sight channel. I will try and get some pics together!

Thanks for all the kudos for the IWB3!! I really love that holster as well for strong side IWB!
    Looking forward to seeing this.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Here is an example of what I think is too much cant with too short of a pistol:
    Name:  SS2 Cant.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  53.5 KB
    This might be even be more like 30+ degrees.
    My butt wanted to push the muzzle of the gun backwards and rotate the gun around even more. This moved me in the direction of 10-15 degrees, with I think 15 being optimal, for wearing at 3:00.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is there any disadvantage the more cant?
    With the caveat that I have only tried this with full size semi-automatic pistols and that all this is only IMHO: wearing the holster near 3:00, once you start to increase cant past a certain point (perhaps 15° or so?) getting a good grip on the pistol during a standard "normal standing" draw is a bit trickier / tad slower. So you are trading some draw speed for better concealment. Then again, during seated draws, I've found more cant to be a benefit, and one can still get a decent draw from a holster with a more severe cant, so it's not a big handicap in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    With the caveat that I have only tried this with full size semi-automatic pistols and that all this is only IMHO: wearing the holster near 3:00, once you start to increase cant past a certain point (perhaps 15° or so?) getting a good grip on the pistol during a standard "normal standing" draw is a bit trickier / tad slower.
    I think Tony/JMCK recommends the farther back around to your butt the more cant works better, because if the angle of your hand?
    It also seems to me that as you go back to 10 degrees or straight drop the pistol would have to be higher to leave room for your fingers above the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Then again, during seated draws, I've found more cant to be a benefit, and one can still get a decent draw from a holster with a more severe cant, so it's not a big handicap in my opinion.
    After experimenting with 10 degrees (I might have even tried straight drop?...) I have settled on 15 degrees for 3:00, and part of the reason is seated comfort. The full size 17rd M&P is just fine in my truck at 15 degrees, not so much in my car with more bolsters on the seat. The 15rd M&P 2.0 Compact is just fine in the car at fifteen degrees, just wore it for an 1100mi trip last week.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    JMCK IWB#3 25 degree cant for me, nothing else has ever come close
    What are you carrying?

User Tag List