Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETS is manufacturing magazines for the Glock 43X/48

ETS is manufacturing magazines for the Glock 43X/48

#RESIST

I've got a couple of the 10 rounders. Haven't used them too much, but they function fine. Mine won't drop free when loaded. They stay in the range bag.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They started selling these in October. Lol!
    I have a 19rd mag to try. Letting it sit full of gold dots for a bit first.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    They started selling these in October. Lol!
    I have a 19rd mag to try. Letting it sit full of gold dots for a bit first.
    First I've heard of them, I was looking for a spare mag carrier for my G48.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    First I've heard of them, I was looking for a spare mag carrier for my G48.
    That's my intended use. For the rare occasion I have to carry a G43X as a primary/only I want all the boolets for my reload. lol! I've been a big fan of ETS mags. Had very good experiences with their G43 mags, double stack 17rd, 22rd, 31rd, and 40rd mags in 9mm. I also have the extended mags for my G21 and G40 which have been problem free. I typically test them during steel matches so they get run fast, dropped on the ground, etc. I will always prefer OEM mags for Glock, but they refuse to make extended options for the 10mm and 45ACP line. As soon as the OEM 24rd 9mm mag hit shelves my TTI extension mags don't come out to play anymore.

We had this chatter about the M&P offerings:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....any-good/page2

I have had multiple ETS magazines with good success. I download them by 1 and, early on, they are not fond of steel cased ammo. I carry one in my trunk for "just in case" even through the winter and they have always worked 100%. I do change the mag springs every year because of the temperature extremes in a trunk over a year possibly leading to condensation and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post
    I have had multiple ETS magazines with good success. I download them by 1 and, early on, they are not fond of steel cased ammo. I carry one in my trunk for "just in case" even through the winter and they have always worked 100%. I do change the mag springs every year because of the temperature extremes in a trunk over a year possibly leading to condensation and rust.
    Any experience with their AR 15 mags?

I have had terrible experiences with the ETS full size glock mags. Base plates are fragile and if any dust or dirt gets in the body it stops feeding. Fine for practice, especially indoors, but I would never trust one for self defense or even in a competition setting. If you drop one in the dirt assume it won't work until you clean it.

I guess I'm kind of scratching my head at what seems to be a proliferation of cottage industry aftermarket Glock magazines; with the possible exception of 10 round G19 magazines, what exactly is the point or niche?

It's not like Glock magazines aren't available; it's not like they're unreliable (except maybe for the 10 round G19 magazines); it's not like they're fragile, it's not like they're terribly, or disproportionately expensive.....What gives?

Best, Jon

User Tag List