Thread: Getting a heavy barrel 22-250 threaded

Getting a heavy barrel 22-250 threaded

Outside diameter is .862, should I still go with 1/2x28?
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I believe Harrison Beene of AR15Performance has run 5/8-24 on some Wylde barrels in the past, and it is his standard for 6.8 stuff. Torquing a muzzle device can create diameter differences that can have infinitesimal effects on accuracy. The bigger thread set reduces that. If it was my gun, I'd go 5/8. Especially since I view 22-250 as a long-distance varminty cartridge.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'd go 5/8x24. I have a heavy barreled 22.250 I use for varminting. When considering threading it for a suppressor my gunsmith at the time recommended the larger threads to leave more surface on the muzzle for the crown. The threaded area would be stronger to withstand the high muzzle pressures of the 22.250.
    I you are doing this for suppressor purposes you should check with the suppressor manufacturer to make sure their suppressor will withstand the muzzle pressure of the 22.250.
    At the time I was doing this Silencerco did not recommend a .22 cal suppressor for 22.250 because of the high muzzle pressure. They did tell me that their Omega .30 cal suppressor should be up to the task.
    Just a thought.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Getting a heavy barrel 22-250 threaded

A barrel with that diameter, consider 3/4x24 but no less than 5/8x24, IMHO. What silencer are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    A barrel with that diameter, consider 3/4x24 but no less than 5/8x24, IMHO. What silencer are you looking at?
    Oh, an EA Lux
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh, an EA Lux
    In that case, Plan A and 5/8x24.

User Tag List