Thread: Glock 22 compatible with factory night sight replacement front sight

Site Supporter

Glock 22 compatible with factory night sight replacement front sight

I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 22 police trade in from one of our local cop shops and really want to replace the OEM factory front night sight with something more visible. I am impressed with the Ameriglo I-Dot front sights I have on my G17 and 19. Their webpage shows the GL-212T-ORC which is .165 in height.
    Is this the correct height for my gun? I shoot 180 grain ammo. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 22 police trade in from one of our local cop shops and really want to replace the OEM factory front night sight with something more visible. I am impressed with the Ameriglo I-Dot front sights I have on my G17 and 19. Their webpage shows the GL-212T-ORC which is .165 in height.
    Is this the correct height for my gun? I shoot 180 grain ammo. Thanks!
    Sight heights were always variable for me pistol to pistol. If my Gen 4 was very tight - slide to frame, it invariably needed a taller front post than standard for any given set of sights.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Off the top of my head, I think all the Glocks used the same height .165 front sight when the Gen4s were the latest and greatest.

All differences were found in the height of the rear sight.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Off the top of my head, I think all the Glocks used the same height .165 front sight when the Gen4s were the latest and greatest.

All differences were found in the height of the rear sight.
    That is what I thought as well. Need to find my armorer's manual.
    I understand that Ameriglo is very easy to work with if the initial height selected doesn't work.

User Tag List