Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig settles P320 lawsuits

Sig settles P320 lawsuits

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...20-pistol.html

Sig Sauer Inc. has agreed to settle a class-action lawsuit over its P320 pistol, on which the Army's Modular Handgun System is based. The settlement requires the gunmaker to reimburse owners of its Sig P320 pistol who paid for repairs or upgrades to prevent an alleged safety glitch, which could cause the weapon to fire accidentally.

The plaintiffs in the case -- who number more than 100, according to court documents -- claim that P320 pistols made before Aug. 8, 2017, do not include a mechanical disconnector, a feature that blocks the pistol's ability to fire when the slide and barrel are in an unlocked condition.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Who the heck had out of pocket fixing this? All mine were totally free.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I am thinking of a police officer who was shot by his pistol in a holster. It went off when it hit the ground - while in the holster.

Just curious about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am thinking of a police officer who was shot by his pistol in a holster. It went off when it hit the ground - while in the holster.

Just curious about that one.
    If that was settled, we’ll likely not know the details, as that’s almost always the stipulation of a settlement.

This one is about the gun firing out of battery, not the drop safety. I wasn't a P320 early adopter so I don't know how the old trigger mechanism worked. Was that a real issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    This one is about the gun firing out of battery, not the drop safety. I wasn't a P320 early adopter so I don't know how the old trigger mechanism worked. Was that a real issue?
    Yes it was a huge issue and very real. There is a momenutal thread here at PF if you care to google it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

If you mention this issue on other forums, the pop up with their own facts, dismiss you, and say there is nothing to see here....

More lawsuit news.

The P320 should come with its hold harmless form...

https://www.unionleader.com/news/bus...4b88df7a0.html

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    More lawsuit news.

I'm not sure how he thinks this will work if you have to machine the slide to interact with the disconnector:

"Douglas said the voluntary upgrade involves a P320 owner shipping the gun to SIG Sauer and then waiting weeks for it to be modified and then returned.
    He favors a kit that would be sent to owners, who could bring it to a gun dealer to have the defect corrected."
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'm not sure how he thinks this will work if you have to machine the slide to interact with the disconnector:

"Douglas said the voluntary upgrade involves a P320 owner shipping the gun to SIG Sauer and then waiting weeks for it to be modified and then returned.
    He favors a kit that would be sent to owners, who could bring it to a gun dealer to have the defect corrected."
    Me, neither. Unless SIG were to send new chassis guts along with a new slide that's machined for the disconnector.

SIG still just needs to bite the bullet and issue an actual manufacturer recall vs a voluntary upgrade. But maybe it is too late for that.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List