Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American woman rescued overseas in secretive military op

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Good to know that I had a valid reason for not caring for his administration.

I gotta admit, saying "me" or "I" more than once every 12 seconds sounds like some kind of land speed record.
    Obama was really good at saying “uhh” as well
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Dude, they could hire me to be a speech writer and I'd do a way better job than whomever is doing the writing these days, they suck. I guess no one really got the memo that you write a speech that simultaneously appeals to the public and blends with the oratory skill/talent of the speaker.

It's like saying anyone could give the Gettysburg Address - there is no way any president since Eisenhower could give the Gettysburg Address and it be taken seriously. Not even the great conservative hope, Ronald Reagan could come close. Because it's not a speech written by or for them.

Anyways, I sometimes feel that POTUS' current speech writers are too afraid of him and simultaneously too plain and not plain enough. Trump has an informal way of speaking and if you see him speak off-the-cuff when his heart is in it, it's actually quite good. What folks need to do is dial back the eight dollar words and choose punctuation and pauses that emphasize his informal approach - and then they need to sit and talk with him - every day - to figure out what key words/tones/inflections/ideas make him passionate. Then you can hack Trump inside-out with speech writing, by purposefully choosing words, thoughts, and phrases that ignite his passion, intentionally but sub-consciously, making his speeches more endearing and less bland.
    Why don’t you apply for *that* job?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Why don’t you apply for *that* job?
    I don't like politicians?

Honestly, I've never seen, "Wanted: Presidential Speech Writer" advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Because he wants the American public to recognize that our special operations forces are very much still in harms way and protecting American people, regardless of whether the public needs to know details or not.
    I don't think the public needs to know anything about what special operations units are doing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I don't think the public needs to know anything about what special operations units are doing.
    I think the public should know about the wins like this.

It also means the bad guys know about it, and I rather like it when our good news makes them even a little bit more nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I think the public should know about the wins like this.

It also means the bad guys know about it, and I rather like it when our good news makes them even a little bit more nervous.
    Agreed. POTUS saying that we killed some bad guys (hopefully) and rescued an American in harm's way won't violate any OPSEC principles. I'd even be up for him announcing which branch took point but that's just because I'm biased.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Obama was really good at saying “uhh” as well
    He learned it from Gee Dubbya. Only he took it to new heights. One thing I love about Trump, is when talking to the media he absolutely does not give even a hint of a shit. Dubbya and Obama were some word parsing mofos. Trump? He just says it with no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    He learned it from Gee Dubbya. Only he took it to new heights. One thing I love about Trump, is when talking to the media he absolutely does not give even a hint of a shit. Dubbya and Obama were some word parsing mofos. Trump? He just says it with no regrets.
    You mean things like "the corona virus is a DNC conspiracy against me!"

and "I recognized it as an epidemic before everyone else!" 1 month later.

Yeah, 'ol "fire n' forget" says whatever comes into his head, with zero regrets.

If it causes panic, he just says something completely different later. Acknowledging error is for the weak.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia!"
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Good to know that I had a valid reason for not caring for his administration.
    When Obama first got elected, there was hope, but then he changed.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    When Obama first got elected, there was hope, but then he changed.
    I think "hope" was Clinton's thing. Obama was "change we could believe in".

Alrighty then!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List