Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American woman rescued overseas in secretive military op

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Dude! You just invented the Trumpulator™️!

Feed his bullshit in, get the underlying facts and accomplishments out. I hope you make millions, brother!
    He has to buy everyone on the board an Alchemy though...

American woman rescued overseas in secretive military op

Deleted: answered in post #9
    Last edited by Gearqueer; 03-23-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearqueer View Post
    Hostage? Prisoner? Sex-trafficking victim? Johnny Depp’s girlfriend? Any female in sharia-law country?

If none of these things are specified I wonder why it’s even announced.

Edit: I now see the second article mentions she was being held by terrorists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why does it even matter? It was a military operation that rescued an American citizen from hostile foreigners. It wasn't a law enforcement operation against American citizens so the general public's need to know is substantially less.

Site Supporter
    The secretary of defense just stated that the person in question was a young woman who had been the victim of a crime in Honduras.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why does it even matter? It was a military operation that rescued an American citizen from hostile foreigners. It wasn't a law enforcement operation against American citizens so the general public's need to know is substantially less.
    Military operations in foreign countries are generally worth mentioning to the public. Unless they are secret, and then it that case,... they are secret. All I’m saying is that he seems to have jumped the gun a little before his team determined what the press release was going to disclose. I’m not a Trump basher so I don’t really want to get into it, just wish we still had general Mattis around.

You wouldn't expect him to pass up an opportunity for self-praise would you?
    For perspective, Obama references himself 467 times in one 90 minute town hall.
    https://apnews.com/fae0fd059feb5db82d56cca8e0bbdda3

Quote Originally Posted by Gearqueer View Post
    Military operations in foreign countries are generally worth mentioning to the public. Unless they are secret, and then it that case,... they are secret. All I’m saying is that he seems to have jumped the gun a little before his team determined what the press release was going to disclose. I’m not a Trump basher so I don’t really want to get into it, just wish we still had general Mattis around.

Yeah Mattis was the man, but to be fair to POTUS though, mentioning it is exactly what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Dude! You just invented the Trumpulator™️!

Feed his bullshit in, get the underlying facts and accomplishments out. I hope you make millions, brother!
    Dude, they could hire me to be a speech writer and I'd do a way better job than whomever is doing the writing these days, they suck. I guess no one really got the memo that you write a speech that simultaneously appeals to the public and blends with the oratory skill/talent of the speaker.

It's like saying anyone could give the Gettysburg Address - there is no way any president since Eisenhower could give the Gettysburg Address and it be taken seriously. Not even the great conservative hope, Ronald Reagan could come close. Because it's not a speech written by or for them.

Anyways, I sometimes feel that POTUS' current speech writers are too afraid of him and simultaneously too plain and not plain enough. Trump has an informal way of speaking and if you see him speak off-the-cuff when his heart is in it, it's actually quite good. What folks need to do is dial back the eight dollar words and choose punctuation and pauses that emphasize his informal approach - and then they need to sit and talk with him - every day - to figure out what key words/tones/inflections/ideas make him passionate. Then you can hack Trump inside-out with speech writing, by purposefully choosing words, thoughts, and phrases that ignite his passion, intentionally but sub-consciously, making his speeches more endearing and less bland.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Dude, they could hire me to be a speech writer and I'd do a way better job than whomever is doing the writing these days, they suck. I guess no one really got the memo that you write a speech that simultaneously appeals to the public and blends with the oratory skill/talent of the speaker.

It's like saying anyone could give the Gettysburg Address - there is no way any president since Eisenhower could give the Gettysburg Address and it be taken seriously. Not even the great conservative hope, Ronald Reagan could come close. Because it's not a speech written by or for them.

Anyways, I sometimes feel that POTUS' current speech writers are too afraid of him and simultaneously too plain and not plain enough. Trump has an informal way of speaking and if you see him speak off-the-cuff when his heart is in it, it's actually quite good. What folks need to do is dial back the eight dollar words and choose punctuation and pauses that emphasize his informal approach - and then they need to sit and talk with him - every day - to figure out what key words/tones/inflections/ideas make him passionate. Then you can hack Trump inside-out with speech writing, by purposefully choosing words, thoughts, and phrases that ignite his passion, intentionally but sub-consciously, making his speeches more endearing and less bland.
    Dude... Don't insult Jared and Stephen!

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    For perspective, Obama references himself 467 times in one 90 minute town hall.
    https://apnews.com/fae0fd059feb5db82d56cca8e0bbdda3
    Good to know that I had a valid reason for not caring for his administration.

I gotta admit, saying "me" or "I" more than once every 12 seconds sounds like some kind of land speed record.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List