Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther Creed

Walther Creed

I just purchased a Walther Creed, and I'm kinda new in the gun world. My question is is it safe to use any +P or NATO rounds in this gun?

Warm welcome from Tampa.

I could not find any specific limitation in the Manual:

https://www.carl-walther.com/fileadm...7-03-16_LR.pdf

Name:  273404D0-5262-486C-900B-306B88F4F652.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  96.8 KB

Is there some particular reason you want to shoot +p?

Only ammo I can find

Every store is completely sold out of every kind of load for the exception of 3 boxes of Win NATO rds.

Site Supporter
    Do you have any previous firearms or handgun experience ? You said you are kind of new to guns. I certainly would at least try to view some online resources regarding safety if the current corona situation prevents classes from occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Td3060927 View Post
    Every store is completely sold out of every kind of load for the exception of 3 boxes of Win NATO rds.
    If that was my only option, and I needed to load Win NATO in defense of my life or being crippled or raped, I would absolutely use it.

In the meantime, I would order a box or two of effective self defense ammunition such as Federal HST. For example:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...t2-p-3547.aspx

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Welcome! You've found the right place.

When you say that you're "newish" to guns, what does that mean? Knowing that would help people on here suggest appropriate resources.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Welcome! You've found the right place.

When you say that you're "kinda new in the gun world," what does that mean? Knowing that would help people on here suggest appropriate resources.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

So, I've had a 12 ga that I bird hunt with, a pretty old school .22 rifle, and at one point I owned a Ruger .45 that I sold years ago. I never really got seriously into guns, just a casual owner. Now with all this panic and craziness going on, figured I'd get a handgun again. So anyways there was only 1 store with 9mm ammo within 45 miles. When I got home I simply typed " is win 9mm NATO ammo good " and I saw that it could possibly be too hot of a rnd for some pistols, and considering the Creed isn't exactly a top-notch piece, it got me wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Td3060927 View Post
    I saw that it could possibly be too hot of a rnd for some pistols, and considering the Creed isn't exactly a top-notch piece, it got me wondering
    Generally speaking, modern pistols (yes, the Creed counts) can handle +P ammo. That said, my preference would be to avoid running thousands of rounds of it. Once this situation calms down, supply should come back to normal, and you ought to be able to find standard pressure ammo. For the short term, +P should be fine.

Is it this?

https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...dgun/USA/Q4318

1,200 FPS 396 ft lbs energy is fairly zippy.

By comparison, I shoot Federal American Eagle 115 by the case. It’s 1,180 FPS 356 ft lbs, not a million miles from Win NATO.

User Tag List