Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Advantage 9mm barrel

Ballistic Advantage 9mm barrel

This 9mm chambered 5.5 inch Modern Series Barrel is machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ Corrosion Resistant Finish and 1/2-28 x .400 full profile threads.

Designed to work with both Colt/RR and Glock style AR builds.
    Compatible with standard mil-spec uppers. There are also numerous dedicated 9mm upper options that work.
    Requires the use of a unique magwell conversion (Colt/Rock River style) with UZI mags or a dedicated 9mm lower with Glock mags.
    9mm on an AR15 platform operates by blowback and does not need a gas block or gas tube.
    Threaded 1/2x28 instead of 1/2x36 to give you greater versatility when choosing a suppressor.
    Integrated feed ramp and barrel extension.
    Since the “barrel extension” is an integral part of the barrel, the length stated is the true overall length. For example, an 11” 9mm barrel has the same outer dimensions/length as a 10.5” 5.56 barrel.
    IMPORTANT: A standard 1/2x28 flash hider will not have enough clearance for a 9mm round to pass.
    Before installing a muzzle device, ensure a 9mm round will drop freely through the muzzle device bore.
    You may use this barrel with a lower receiver that is a Registered SBR, Machine Gun, or Pistol. Possession of this barrel along with a Non-NFA lower receiver is Prohibited, except when installed on a Pistol configuration firearm.

Additional Info
    Length 5.5"
    Material 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium
    Profile Straight
    Finish QPQ Corrosion Resistant
    Gas System Length Blowback
    Gas Block Journal Blowback Gas System - No Gas Block
    Twist Rate 1:10 inches
    Muzzle 1/2x28 Threaded
    Weight 9.6oz

This was used in PSA build, that would not present my flat point subs at the correct angle. You can see on the first pic where rounds would impact the barrel. In the description it clearly states for use in Colt/RR and Glock style builds. When run suppressed, the bolt slap was not acceptable for me. With that being said, I am hoping someone down the road can get some use out of it. I'll let this run for several weeks and then pick a name randomly.
    Name:  20200322_103404.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  14.2 KB
    Name:  20200322_103546.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  24.9 KB
    Name:  20200322_104451.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  16.1 KB
    Last edited by CCT125US; 04-06-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Please put my name in the hat. That barrel makes me want to do some experimenting and comparisons.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Obligatory pic of the build. Octane 9HD with 3 lug mount tucked under an ALG rail.
    Name:  20190319_172053.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  64.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    In, please! And thank you!

Id like to put my name in the hat.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    I'll put my name in as well, thanks!

In please and thank you

In, please - thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm in for this as well - could solve my PDW wants...

I had to sell my last PCC and want to build another so this would do nicely. I'd like to put my name in the hat as well. Thanks.

User Tag List