Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Reliability issues. Magpul 15 round for Glocks

I only use the Mag Pul Glock mags for training, they haven't proven to be as reliable as the OEM mags, or reliable enough to trust for carry.

Sad, I had high hopes, because the Mag Pul AR mags are no go-to.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Hammertime
    I used Magpul mags for training, but found that with the rare and random malfunctions, I was losing trust in the gun itself. Subjectively, since I culled the Magpul mags from the training pile, it seems those malfunctions are much fewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I used Magpul mags for training, but found that with the rare and random malfunctions, I was losing trust in the gun itself. Subjectively, since I culled the Magpul mags from the training pile, it seems those malfunctions are much fewer.
    Which is the problem with less reliable training magazines — how do you know what malfunction is caused by the training mag, and what is a pistol problem. Shooting nearly every day, I typically go for months without a malfunction, and like it that way. OEM mags are the least costly part of being a Glock shooter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    the Mag Pul AR mags are no go-to.
    Why is that? My ARs, past and present, are mainly rolling experiments and range toys, so they don't get used hard (at least not in PF's understanding of "hard use"). I've used nothing but PMags since they came out and have never had a malfunction that wasn't directly related to my fiddle-fuckery.

I mainly use the 30 rounders, but have owned a couple 10 round mags as well.

Is there a long-term issue with them? What sort of failures are being seen?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Why is that? My ARs, past and present, are mainly rolling experiments and range toys, so they don't get used hard (at least not in PF's understanding of "hard use"). I've used nothing but PMags since they came out and have never had a malfunction that wasn't directly related to my fiddle-fuckery.

I mainly use the 30 rounders, but have owned a couple 10 round mags as well.

Is there a long-term issue with them? What sort of failures are being seen?

Chris
    Typo, tired, in a hurry.

The MagPul AR mags are my go to. I dumped metals mags completely once those were proven.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Have the Magpul 10 rounders proven themselves to be better than the OEM 9mm Glock ten rounders? I have no experience with the 9mm ones, but three .40 G23 10 rounders worked without issues for me for several years.
    I have about 5k (all brass) rounds through 8 Magpul 10-rounders that are G17 size, and have had no issues with them. Haven't cleaned them since I got them about 2.5 years ago but the worst treatment they see is being dropped in Hawaii's red earth and the occasional showers that roll through at matches. The only other 10-rd magazine I have to compare to is a single ETS 10-rd G19 mag, which was quickly relegated to holding dummy rounds and dry fire.

I have a handful of the 17rd mags, that I keep for training only. They have been 100% reliable with brass & nickel plated ammo so far, and guaranteed failures with all steel case ammo.

I’ve had the same issue with both Pmag and ets mags with brass case ammo. Not sticking way down in the mag, but they don’t feed the next round up to the feed lips quite fast enough on occasion and cause a fail to feed jam. I really liked the ETS 15 rounders till this started happening. I got them for about $12 a piece but now they just sit around while I run factory mags. Last time I paid $18 a piece for a ten pack of OEM mags.
    Last edited by Glockman9mm; 03-24-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    None of my 17 or 15 round PMAGs work. 10 and 2 respectively, I think. They all started failing to feed around 600 rounds in. All cleaned, no difference.

No problem with my 12 round and 21 round mags.
    I'd like to necro this thread to update this.

My 12 round still has no problems, but is very rarely shot.

My 21 round PMAGs from 2018 started failing last month. I had to throw away one because the follower and spring popped out from the feed lips on an emergency reload, and I also had one suffer a failure-to-chamber just like the 17 and 15 round mags suffered. Today, I had two mags suffer 3 failure-to-chamber.

Of note? All of these mags are 600-800 rounds per mag, same as the 15 and 17 round PMAGs I had fail 2 years ago. Those had rapidly failed to function at all once they started exhibiting issues, so I imagine I'll need to replace these by the end of the year. I will likely replace the 12 roung PMAG for my Glock 26 with some Glock +2 baseplates on the standard 10 round Glock mags.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I thought I’d replied earlier in this thread years ago, but didn’t see it.

I’m with you on - honestly Glock OEM magazines are reliable, plentiful, and pretty affordable (assuming non-ban state).

I like lots of Magpul products, but Magpul magazines are something I own a few of (AK and AR), but generally only swear by OEM magazines.

The AR mags are highly regarded, and I swear by their anti tilt followers. But, I feel like magazines need metal in them to be honest in the feedlips and other higher wear areas.

YMMV.

Thanks for sharing this data.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List