Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: DCC Monoblock Clips Are Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I'm planning to order a set of these for a JM George (P239). Any sense of how/if they would impact the "flop forward factor" vs. PTD loops? My hypothesis is that they might hold the holster in a little tighter/closer and keep it from pitching forward? But who knows. In a T-shirt, my current setup with the George prints a decent amount, even with the higher set of holes and a pad. Hoping I can get it to work the way I want it by using these and a wedge.
    They will not hold things any closer, they are outside of the belt and unable to influence things that way.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I wish the FOMI could be cast to the pits of hell, never to be seen again. So man holsters boast the "easy on, easy off" line. I have never understood why someone would want an easy off holster. I need to get a couple DCCs.

I can't stand the FOMI. I second the desire for a wide version to straddle a belt loop.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I'm planning to order a set of these for a JM George (P239). Any sense of how/if they would impact the "flop forward factor" vs. PTD loops? My hypothesis is that they might hold the holster in a little tighter/closer and keep it from pitching forward? But who knows. In a T-shirt, my current setup with the George prints a decent amount, even with the higher set of holes and a pad. Hoping I can get it to work the way I want it by using these and a wedge.
    I think there is less flop forward in my limited experiences with the monoblock versus PTD loops provided you tighten your belt appropriately.

Site Supporter
    Cool. Thanks for the insight, guys. Gonna give it a whirl, either way. Hopefully I can make this George work. I keep going back to a shitty soft holster for AIWB with my P239s, because it rides lower and bulges less. But, I'd really like to get something more secure and stable. That also doesn't make me look like I have some kind of bizarre abdominal hernia.

@orionz06 Any idea if DCC is considering making a split Monoblock for straddling a belt loop. I've been think of cutting one apart and making my own rig for this but am hoping DCC has something in the works.
    Last edited by Irelander; 06-17-2021 at 11:38 AM. Reason: split no spit
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    @orionz06 Any idea if DCC is considering making a split Monoblock for straddling a belt loop. I've been think of cutting one apart and making my own rig for this but am hoping DCC has something in the works.
    Doubtful. Bear in mind that this is a FOMI upgrade, not a primary attachment, if that makes sense. The HLR series is the better stuff, and that might be workable for what you're seeking.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I've been wishing DCC would make a monoblock for a 1.75" belt and this thread reminded me about that again, so I emailed them today to ask if there was one available or if, in the alternative, there was an HLR clip that attached at the top of a holster or sheath instead of the bottom. They emailed me back really quickly and I was told that they're working on a 1.75 monoblock as well as a single-leg monoblock that attaches at the top. Both are still in development, maybe by year-end (or maybe not).

ETA: The response was astonishingly fast. If they make the clip I need, I will be happier to spend my money with them than I have been with anybody in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Not sure it will help, but I stole from a picture online of a holster by @orionz06 with a HLR single clip attached to the wing claw. I have one of those clips en route from DCC to try out on my Hitchhiker.

Took matters into my own hands.
    Hopefully they stay put as is. I like a little bit of reverse cant.
    Name:  IMG_20210619_152523.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  53.6 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not sure it will help, but I stole from a picture online of a holster by @orionz06 with a HLR single clip attached to the wing claw. I have one of those clips en route from DCC to try out on my Hitchhiker.
    FWIW this is where I ended up with the single DCC clip (Mod 4 - HLR Discreet Gear Clip™ - 1.5" belt- SHS) on my Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker. Carry is better than with the single large steel clip, the holster tilts just ever so slightly on my belt affording a better match to the guns grip angle.

I did attach it to the wing claw at first, but the position of the steel clip part fouled my draw hand, so it is not as flat as I hoped now. But still, it's another incremental improvement in my path on AIWB.

Name:  IMG_9189.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9201.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  61.9 KB

User Tag List