Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic buying underway

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Unfortunately, our political choices seem to be between crap and crappier, regardless of party.
    Again, I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I am hearing stories of people who have never owned a gun before walking out with things like .338 Win Mags because that is all that was left.
    Whoa, are they going to be in for big surprise.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Can anyone point me to a solid, approachable video on basic gun safety? I'd like to start sharing it on social media in the off chance someone who just bought a gun for the first time comes across it.
    NRA may have some on line training videos.

https://onlinetraining.nra.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Connecticut gun store Saturday.

Quite a few people walking away with nothing because without a permit in CT you can't buy anything.
    I remember going there when I lived in CT. It went crazy after Sandy Hook but it looks worse now, at least I don't remember a line like that.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

As a general rule, I try to be selling when others are buying, and buying when others are selling. Of course I bought a SR25 yesterday and am trying to get another P2000 today. Those must be the exceptions that prove the rule.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ve thought about putting some things on consignment at the LGS but I don’t want to wait in those crazy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    State background checks that used to take about 20 minutes are now taking 4-5 days because of the increased volume. Or so they say.
    I've got a pistol held up because of a state BC. Everything here now has to be run thru the states BC system which never was brought up to speed for even normal sales volume. The last purchase took 2 weeks to get a proceed. This latest madness probably just broke the system. I realize that I may never see the pistol ( gov may lock down BC's) but I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. I'll probably get the proceed sometime by summer but by then I'll have spent the money on reloading components. Actually, WA anti gun laws in the last 3 years have done me a yuge favor because I realized that things like magazines, SA rifles and on line ammo sales were in jeopardy. So, I did what I had to do prepare. I had it all purchased last summer. I want to thank all of you dumb ass voters here in WA and a special thanks to Bob Ferguson for his help in getting me to realize I was running out of time.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-22-2020 at 12:15 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As a general rule, I try to be selling when others are buying, and buying when others are selling. Of course I bought a SR25 yesterday and am trying to get another P2000 today. Those must be the exceptions that prove the rule.
    I just assume you have a giant indoor pool full of KACs and HK pistols that you occasionally back-stroke through like Scrooge McDuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I want to thank all of you dumb ass voters here in WA and a special thanks to Bob Ferguson for his help in getting me to realize I was running out of time.
    I wonder what Ferguson and Inslee think of the fact that 10s of Ks of voters are now (or soon-to-be, BC depending) new gun owners—therefore financially vested in civilian gun ownership.

I mean, they’ve got to be reading some of the same articles we are.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

To me, that is exactly the hope and the opportunity. Maybe I'm a reckless optimist, but I am confident that because so many of these new buyers are new owners, that they must also be very widely scattered in their political philosophies. I want Dems, Reps, Independents, conservatives, liberals, and moderates to *all* be pro-2A, regardless of anything else. Hopefully, if as much as the electorate has guns as possible, they'll insist that their politicians protect that ownership, regardless of their other views on other topics.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List