Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Panic buying underway

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    The local brewpub is doing deliveries here ($30 minimum)
    or carry-out, which is a very new thing for MN.

http://www.blackstackbrewing.com/
    Any recommendations?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Our local breweries and draft houses are doing similar. Even regular restaurants have been cleard to sell beer and wine "to-go" either as a meal pairing or separately.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    No worries.

If you have the ''right kind'' of friends, they can take that abundance of brew you have there and create something with it that has a much, much higher concentration of ETOH in it.
    Hops do not distill well. Leaves a crappy aftertaste in the spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What's gonna happen when there's no beer left?
    Beer is the only thing I had to "panic buy" to be prepared for a couple months in the house. I'm good now. The hard part is not drinking it all day.

Site Supporter
    The local brewpub is doing deliveries here ($30 minimum)
    or carry-out, which is a very new thing for MN.

http://www.blackstackbrewing.com/
    The state with drive-thru daiquiri shops laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The state with drive-thru daiquiri shops laughs at you.
    When MN changed the law to allow retail alcohol sales on Sunday, WI had a good laugh- they'd gotten rid of those Blue Laws in 1875!
    Sometimes I think the entire area around Hudson WI sprang up to service Minnesotans in their quest for after-church drinking supplies.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

When MN changed the law to allow retail alcohol sales on Sunday, WI had a good laugh- they'd gotten rid of those Blue Laws in 1875!
    Sometimes I think the entire area around Hudson WI sprang up to service Minnesotans in their quest for after-church drinking supplies.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Any recommendations?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    They do a lot of seasonal recipes, and I only get in there every couple of months, so miss a lot of 'em.

If you like IPAs, especially slightly hazy ones, Local 755 is *well* worth your attention.
    The Central Air Berliner has been very good for a lighter bodied wheat beer, but not everybody likes fruited beers.
    They did a good pilsner previously, so the Fugazi is probably worth your attention.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Nevermind. Deleted post.

You make some interesting points

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'll make the distinction here. Selling a few pistols that you have no use for or rarely shoot when you can sell them, for the same price that you paid isn't my definition of a profiteer.
    I think you are right. Profit serves no purpose. People should only sell goods at cost. Problem is determining the cost. We need a central governing body to set the price of all pistols and ammo. Gun stores will have to close since they can't make a profit, but we can have government operated stores that will sell guns and ammo, all at the cost it took to manufacture. With prices set, makers may not want to produce as much as the market demands, so rationing may be inevitable. Gun makers will probably close too, but we can nationalize them so no worries.

They never purchased those with the idea that they could get 100% of their money out if they sold them, so profit was never a motive.
    Then they are ok. The committee will surely approve of their action. Obviously, a trial will be needed to determine if they acted in the state's interest. But they shouldn't worry.

Then there's people always trying to make a buck buying and selling firearms on Armslist and GB. I don't watch AL but I see them all the time on GB. They list at ridiculous prices and keep relisting forever trying to make a profit. Those are the people I'm talking about, not people that just thought about selling a pistol yesterday.
    If the pistols never sell, then what is the problem? Hmm. This is confusing.

If dealers start price gouging people on ammo and guns they won't stay in business very long. If a dealer had his 9mm range ammo marked at $20/50rds right now I'd be walking out and I wouldn't be coming back.
    Wait, so you prefer to let market forces dictate the proper price of goods? Comrade, I don't like what I'm hearing.

Profiteers serve no purpose anywhere. That's why cities and states have laws against it. I'm not sure you understand the definition of "profiteer".
    Some would say that city and state laws aren't always grounded in sound reasoning and the law of economics, but I don't listen to those people. I think you are right. Cities and states know better than the market. I join you in your call to have cities and states regulate gun and ammo sales. This much needed action is long overdue.

P-F of the world, UNITE!

User Tag List