Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic buying underway

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This, WWB and federal .22 are all in stock.

Just shot 800 or so rounds in a class so it’s time to top off.
    I've never ordered with Bass pro shops before. Seems to be free shipping on bigger ammo packs. Do they require a signature on ammo delivery?I could use more practice ammo, but I never know if I'm going to be home to sign when a delivery is made. That's why I like Targetsports

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I've never ordered with Bass pro shops before. Seems to be free shipping on bigger ammo packs. Do they require a signature on ammo delivery?I could use more practice ammo, but I never know if I'm going to be home to sign when a delivery is made. That's why I like Targetsports
    Bass pro and cabelas are now one and the same.

I don’t believe signature is required but if it is they will also ship it free to their closest BP or cabelas store.

Free shipping on orders > $50 regardless of packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bass pro and cabelas are now one and the same.

I don’t believe signature is required but if it is they will also ship it free to their closest BP or cabelas store.

Free shipping on orders > $50 regardless of packaging.
    That's cool. Cabelas isn't far from me, but if there's a stay in order that won't work. Guess I'll see what happens with a Bass Pro order....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Check out https://www.brazosprecision.com/

Last update they gave on FB was that they were only a few days behind. They are semi-local to me and its run by a couple of Bullseye shooters.
    I ordered some bullets from them last Monday and they got here last Friday. I may have caught them right before the panic started.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Check out https://www.brazosprecision.com/

Last update they gave on FB was that they were only a few days behind. They are semi-local to me and its run by a couple of Bullseye shooters.
    I went ahead and ordered a bag of 700. Assuming they work, the price is right.

I'm currently a week into my wait for 1500 Bayou Bullets, but I'm still low on projectiles. Primers and powder I'm good on for the next year or so now.

Also not feeling the need to panic buy here, which is nice. On the other hand, my strategy has changed. My #1 is a P30. But I only have one and only a small assortment of spare parts. My go-to rifle and shotgun - one each and really no spare parts. I would much rather have identical multiples, and plenty of support parts, even if it means losing all the miscellaneous riff-raff. Even if it means going back to Glocks. Gonna work on that (and many other things) once we’re past this.

At this point I’ll consider it a huge win if we come out of this with our family’s health intact, and our jobs. That’s become my barometer. If that comes to pass, it would be a damn shame if we didn’t at least learn a few things along the way, especially at a micro level - things within our control. I want to find that balance between living life and also preparing for Pandemic 2.0. It could mean changes as drastic as where we live and what we do for a living.

I don’t know about you guys but I was probably more prepared than 95% or more of the people I know, and yet I STILL feel like I’m standing in front of the class with my pants around my ankles.

I think most people who belong to internet firearm forms associate purchasing a new gun as a pleasant experience. Therefore, when they hear that everyone and their brother is out buying new guns, they want to " join in on the fun." Seems like a normal reaction to me.

I know I feel that way. I certainly don't need any new Firearms. I don't have enough safe room for the ones I have already. I'm also still unboxing cases of ammo that we packed up when we moved 6 months ago.

Oh, and for those people looking at purchasing from Bass Pro Shops. I purchased some Self Defense loads for the AK last week. It was supposed to be here now but I got an email yesterday stating they're not expecting it to ship for another 2 weeks.

cc

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    I don’t know about you guys but I was probably more prepared than 95% or more of the people I know, and yet I STILL feel like I’m standing in front of the class with my pants around my ankles.
    The gun stuff aside (frankly a minor concern of mine at this point) I am definitely not prepared. This totally upended my girlfriend's new job and the move we had planned to facilitate it. I'm lucky my employment is very secure but I'm definitely worried about our collective ability to cover our bills over the next few months. It's going to be bumpy.

We're gonna need a Post-Chirus used guns deals thread, separate from the usual guns/ammo/accessories deal thread, just to keep it from getting confusing.

I'm in for dump truck load of gently touched Hi Points at the $75 price range.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    I have enough gun stuff. If I get a check, I will bank it, pay off debt, or if I want to spend it - it will be in Mom and pop take out places to help keep working folks afloat. Gaston or Ruger doesn't need another buck for a safe queen.

User Tag List