Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic buying underway

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    We're gonna need a Post-Chirus used guns deals thread, separate from the usual guns/ammo/accessories deal thread, just to keep it from getting confusing.

I'm in for dump truck load of gently touched Hi Points at the $75 price range.
    You are going to have to pay me more then $75 to take one off your hands.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Armslist and GB is full of unrepentant profiteers.
    You may have missed my point. Sellers on Armlist and GB serve a purpose, even if they are profiteering. If you suddenly decreed no one could sell 9mm for more than 15 cents a round, you'd have none available. The hoarders/panic buyers would have bought it all by now, and if you truly needed it, you'd be out of luck. At least ammo is available, if you want it bad enough.

Are all the people on this thread that have mentioned how they are thinking about 'unloading' some unused pistols "profiteers" too?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have enough gun stuff. If I get a check, I will bank it, pay off debt, or if I want to spend it - it will be in Mom and pop take out places to help keep working folks afloat. Gaston or Ruger doesn't need another buck for a safe queen.
    Or put the $$$ into training classes - tactical instructors are in the dont work /Don’t get paid category. Some have FAG pensions to fall back on so they won’t starve but not all. Eating a bunch of airfare, refunding classes that can’t be re-scheduled is gonna hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I ordered some bullets from them last Monday and they got here last Friday. I may have caught them right before the panic started.
    I had about 1K .45 ACP bullets delivered yesterday that ordered from Brazos on the 18th.

Yes, it was a panic but. I always panic when I'm out of bullets.

If it becomes a problem, I may break out the old casting equipment.

Shopping locally, earlier this week, and today, I was frustrated in my efforts to add some fresh .45-70 Government ammo, but it appeared that it was not really in stock, to start with, anyway. It is a shame to see how far Cabela’s has fallen, since the merger/sale.

This was not panic buying; just my usual spring-time restocking/refreshing. Of course, this year, there is no fat tax return check to fund it; one of the new things about being retired.

I was pleasantly surprised to find .410 buck, for my wife.

Hornady defensive .32 H&R was available. I bought the per-customer limit of five boxes.

Had I needed it, .308 Winchester and 7.62 NATO were available, plus, a limited supply of .223/5.56.

I had wanted to substantially re-stock 9mm, in April, but I can see that won’t be happening.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Was planning to divest myself of ak's and a few glocks. This may be the time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Or put the $$$ into training classes - tactical instructors are in the dont work /Don’t get paid category. Some have FAG pensions to fall back on so they won’t starve but not all. Eating a bunch of airfare, refunding classes that can’t be re-scheduled is gonna hurt.
    That's a good point. A local guy here is getting killed. There was an USPSA class I was interested in by a local range. But everything is shut down and cancelled. I don't know when I will see my handguns again - not that this is a world shaking problem, just a whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Shopping locally, earlier this week, and today, I was frustrated in my efforts to add some fresh .45-70 Government ammo, but it appeared that it was not really in stock, to start with, anyway.
    I see your problem. Wrong pandemic, .45-70 was common during the Spanish flu of 1918.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I see your problem. Wrong pandemic, .45-70 was common during the Spanish flu of 1918.
    What's gonna happen when there's no beer left?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What's gonna happen when there's no beer left?
    Name:  mother.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  13.4 KB

User Tag List