Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTF???

It would have started soon even without Corona. Pre-election freakout is a thing now.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The cheap stuff goes first

As witnessed by the run on toilet paper, the cheap stuff goes first, then the expensive stuff is left. It's what I call the Charmin Syndrome.....it was still on the shelf when the cheap paper was long gone. Now it's gone too.

When it comes to ammo, most people have a budget ( as do I ). But I have blown that budget a few times in my life when I can justify.....er.....rationalize it. I can shoot myself a line and I believe it too.

So if I have "X" number of dollars to spend, I want to buy as much ammo as I can with those dollars. Thus the fmj is purchased first. If it's fmj or nothing, give me fmj. For defense ammo, I usually buy the same amount that I use in order to keep the inventory at a full level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It would have started soon even without Corona. Pre-election freakout is a thing now.
    Yeah, this was my reasoning for buying when I did. If the supply levels comes back before the election, at decent prices, I may grab another 1K of ball.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I think all this is going to collapse soon. Given the number of people about to be out of work, demand at these prices will eventually collapse. Playing apocalpyse is cool but the reality is that in addition to potential medical consequences we face as individuals, the single greatest impact this will have on the majority of us will be financial. If it's not happening already, it will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    As witnessed by the run on toilet paper, the cheap stuff goes first, then the expensive stuff is left. It's what I call the Charmin Syndrome.....it was still on the shelf when the cheap paper was long gone. Now it's gone too.

When it comes to ammo, most people have a budget ( as do I ). But I have blown that budget a few times in my life when I can justify.....er.....rationalize it. I can shoot myself a line and I believe it too.

So if I have "X" number of dollars to spend, I want to buy as much ammo as I can with those dollars. Thus the fmj is purchased first. If it's fmj or nothing, give me fmj. For defense ammo, I usually buy the same amount that I use in order to keep the inventory at a full level.
    Funny you mentioned the Charmin Syndrome...i noticed it Thursday before last, and thought it was odd, but it makes sense. About the ammo, someone in the Ammo section said he thought the rush on FMJ was partly due to all of the 'panic/first time buyers' simply being ignorant to what a particular type of bullet is designed for, and simply bought what was cheapest, which is probably true.

Buying your first gun (willingly), and knowing nothing about it, then going through the steps to become competent, is one thing, but there is nothing worse than the formerly-anti-gun-people, rushing out in haste to buy a gun, is quite a scary scenario!! As Pat Mac says...'just because you have a gun in your hand, doesn't mean you're armed"...

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    If you dont have all you need to ride out a dry spell, you haven't been paying attention. Happens every few years
    As always, I'm good with ammo. Yesterday I made a trade of buckshot for toilet paper...seriously.

Name:  Screenshot_20200321-224429_Chrome.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  22.5 KB this one made me double take..then laugh. Sorry for the slight thread drift but I had to share.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20200321-224429_Chrome.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  22.5 KB this one made me double take..then laugh. Sorry for the slight thread drift but I had to share.
    That’s the only way/time he may be able to get his time and money out of that thing. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think all this is going to collapse soon. Given the number of people about to be out of work, demand at these prices will eventually collapse. Playing apocalpyse is cool but the reality is that in addition to potential medical consequences we face as individuals, the single greatest impact this will have on the majority of us will be financial. If it's not happening already, it will happen soon.
    Yeah I don’t think we’ll have to wait out the gun/ammo shortage all that long. My wife is in recruiting and her hours just got cut. A couple friends of mine have been laid off along with their spouses too. I feel awful for them. If this shut down lasts for more than a couple weeks, it’s going to be bad for a lot of people. I’m glad I’m sitting pretty on guns and ammo and my job is secure. Hope everyone makes it through this okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    As always, I'm good with ammo. Yesterday I made a trade of buckshot for toilet paper...seriously.
    That’s fantastic.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Yeah I don’t think we’ll have to wait out the gun/ammo shortage all that long. My wife is in recruiting and her hours just got cut. A couple friends of mine have been laid off along with their spouses too. I feel awful for them. If this shut down lasts for more than a couple weeks, it’s going to be bad for a lot of people. I’m glad I’m sitting pretty on guns and ammo and my job is secure. Hope everyone makes it through this okay.

That’s fantastic.
    Yeah I have tons of guns and ammo, though willing to sell if need be. My paycheck is guaranteed but I may be soon covering all the bills for my GF whose employment is a lot less guaranteed. Bracing for impact.

User Tag List