Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Governor Lists Gun Stores as ‘Essential,’ Exempts Them from Forced Shutdown

Illinois Governor Lists Gun Stores as ‘Essential,’ Exempts Them from Forced Shutdown

When Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) issued an executive order Friday to put a statewide shutdown in place, he exempted gun and ammunition stores by labeling them “essential.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rced-shutdown/

Illinois? Spelled I L L I N O I S? The same state Chicago is in?

This is a sign of the apocalypse!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

That is, without a doubt, the craziest thing I've seen/heard from this whole ordeal. My jaw hurts from hitting the floor so hard.

I read that three times.

Then I paused and read it again.

It has to be a mistake.

I mean it doesn't have to be...but it probably is.

I mean maybe.

I mean to be honest, Pritzker has been a mixed bag on guns.

He signed a red-flag bill, a bill that increased the fees for gun dealers to be licensed by the state and also created a state registry of firearms transactions, and technically a bump-stock ban (but the Feds kind of made that moot).

But he also signed a bill that makes it easier to renew/maintain a concealed carry permit, eased restrictions for military and LE to get FOIDs and permits, and extended the length of permits slightly (basically, instead of expiring when you apply to renew, it expires with the actual expiration date and the new permit begins when the old one expires).

So, clearly Pritzker recognizes that guns are here and isn't entirely opposed to them. I mean it's also an upstate-downstate thing. Quid pro quo for legal weed is scratching the backs of downstate pro-gun Rs and Ds (and yes there are pro-gun Democrats in Illinois, like Monica Bristow).

Maybe he’s just smart enough to take the tax revenue from all the sales.

So, I am way downstate and I, in the back of my head, knee Pritzker was gonna make the gun shops close. Just knew it. Guess I was wrong. I’m stunned as hell, but I was wrong.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Might I suggest you folks in Illinois write a letter to the Guv thanking him for allowing these stores to remain open in support of your families' safety?

I think an attaboy for doing the right thing make help bridge the gap a bit between the pro and anti 2nd camps.

Or not, but it won't hurt.

Chris

To my Flatlander friends, "TAKE THE WIN".

Not too far off of topic but I watched this the other day and thought that this event will bring more people into the gun owner's camp. It can't hurt our political power:

I am beyond stunned. Jabba hasn’t been a friend of 2A, and I definitely wouldn’t expect this.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List