Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P Performance Center Slide Kit

M&P Performance Center Slide Kit

Are the Performance Center Slide Kits for the 1.0’s been accurate or do they suffer from the old M&P issues.

Was thinking about picking one up to convert my M&P 40 to 9mm and also have the ability to toss a red dot on it.

I would buy one without porting, but the red-dot capability is interesting.

Site Supporter
    I have a M&P Pro 5 inch Gen 1 40S&W that I shot as a 9mm as my primary range toy for years with a Storm Lake 40-9 barrel. I am not a bullseye shooter and it was fine for steel plates and IDPA like events. I got that 40 version because it was very cheap. I moved on to M&P Gen 2s. I got the RDS bug and no M&P Gen 2 CORES out yet. I bought a M&P Performance Center 5 inch Gen 1 40S&W ported kit for $350 shipped after I considered the cost of milling a M&P slide, etc. I swapped slides and put in the Stormlake 40-9 barrel and installed a SRO. It is working great and gives me a chance to use a SRO on pistol platform that I already now, with holsters, mags, etc.

I've had no complaints with mine, but I'm running the ported slide with an unported KKM barrel.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

I find these very interesting

To each his own. I don’t quite get not wanting ports or comp if it can be had -especially not having to send it off or Giu another barrel/comp combo.

My gun shoots too flat isn’t a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Was thinking about picking one up to convert my M&P 40 to 9mm and also have the ability to toss a red dot on it.
    I was thinking the same thing but balked because a 2.0 5" could be had for $409, so I was thinking of getting one milled instead. But now they are not $409 so not sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

@SoCalDep Do you have any knowledge about the S&W Performance center slide kit?

@archangel @ranger Did you shoot groups with the factory barrel that came with the kit?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    @archangel @ranger Did you shoot groups with the factory barrel that came with the kit?
    No, ported CORE barrel is unfired in the M&P box. I may sell it on eBay as I will never use it. The swap made sense for me as I already had the Stormlake 40-9 conversion barrel

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I never fired the ported bbl, as I was putting it together as a USPSA Carry Optics gun, and ports aren't allowed there.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

User Tag List