Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P Performance Center Slide Kit

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    @SoCalDep Do you have any knowledge about the S&W Performance center slide kit?
    I don’t. We don’t authorize performance center models and I don’t know anyone who got one. The only vaguely-related info I can provide is that I do know several people who’ve had Apex barrels fitted to their 2.0 COREs with substantial increases in accuracy, so I would not expect them to be as accurate as an aftermarket barrel (specifically Apex in my experience).

Thank you everyone for the quick responses! You guys are awesome.

I called S&W customer support to ask if the barrels were special in anyway and he did not know except it was ported. I asked specifically if it was a match barrel and if it was fitted to the slide. He suggested emailing the question and someone would respond. I did not follow up. So I don’t know if the kit could improve accuracy.

For me the benefit would be getting an optic mount and suppressor sights. The porting is not as important to me because I don't really shoot high pressure 9mm rounds that make a port work well and I would worry about keeping the slide and ports clean because of the placement of the ports.

If accuracy was the concern, a fitted match barrel would make better sense and it seems that a few of you did both to get the best possible combination.

I wish Apex still sold gunsmith fit barrels not just semi drop-in.
    Last edited by DamonL; 03-23-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Thank you everyone for the quick responses! You guys are awesome.

I called S&W customer support to ask if the barrels were special in anyway and he did not know except it was ported. I asked specifically if it was a match barrel and if it was fitted to the slide. He suggested emailing the question and someone would respond. I did not follow up. So I don’t know if the kit could improve accuracy.

For me the benefit would be getting an optic mount and suppressor sights. The porting is not as important to me because I don't really shoot high pressure 9mm rounds that make a port work well and I would worry about keeping the slide and ports clean because of the placement of the ports.

If accuracy was the concern, a fitted match barrel would make better sense and it seems that a few of you did both to get the best possible combination.

FYI, Even with an unported barrel in it, I do find the ported slide to shoot noticeably flatter due to the weight reduction. A consideration if you are looking at aftermarket match barrels anyway.

Also, I need to revise my earlier "no complaints" comment, as I remembered that I do have a minor quibble with it: The loaded chamber indicator / blow-hole right in front of the optic shoots a line of soot up the middle of the lens. Nothing that cleaning more often can't take care of, but it's a little annoying.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Site Supporter

Dude same.

I haven't tried the drop in, but the fitted barrel puts the M&P in the title of "most accurate plastic pistol I've ever fired"

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

So this doesn’t suck...and that’s coming from a 2011 lover.

Name:  9A9901C9-A8D6-40B6-A88C-B0A53F903482.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  105.7 KB

User Tag List