Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR15 scope mounts

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I’ve got a GG&G FLT mount, bolt-on. Didn’t see see the need for QD as I didn’t think I’d take it on and off once it was sighted in, and so far I’m right. At 5.5 oz it’s not super light, but it’s damn sure super solid.

Picked this Areo Ultralight Mount up and haven't mounted it yet, hoping to find inexpensive glass pre-owned/demo. Will keep NH Shooter's experience in mind when installing.
    Attachment 50667

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I mainly have a bunch of ADM mounts, but I recently got a couple Scalarworks mounts and I'm really impressed with them. They're lightweight and I really like the fact that the attachment system doesn't have anything protruding.

https://scalarworks.com/quick-detach-mounts/
    I’m also a fan of Scalarworks. The weight and low profile are great, and the built in leveling screw makes mounting your scope incredibly easy.

The only downside is the price. I do have one listed in the for sale section for a considerable discount though.

I recently ordered a Midwest Industries QD mount along with a Trijicon Credo 2-10x36.

There's hardly any chatter about the MI QD mount, but MI makes good stuff and it has the thumbs up from atleast one big name respected dude who I can't remember right now. I veered away from Bobro, because from what I understand the mount is spring loaded and eventually the springs will take a set and you lose zero. Lots and lots reports on that all over the interwebs.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I've had great luck with ADM Recon mounts for 1-X and big glass on AR-type rifles. If you want the absolute best mount, Spuhr is the way to go. I haven't zeroed the Spuhr-mounted scope on my AI in over 4 years, despite very rough treatment. Spuhr now makes some canti mounts for flattop ARs. They are not cheap.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I mainly have a bunch of ADM mounts, but I recently got a couple Scalarworks mounts and I'm really impressed with them. They're lightweight and I really like the fact that the attachment system doesn't have anything protruding.

https://scalarworks.com/quick-detach-mounts/
    Same situation, exactly. Only have 1 Scalarworks, but super impressed with the design and strength, despite the light weight. The normal price of these is beyond my upper limit for a mount, but found a sale at SWFA last Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I’m also a fan of Scalarworks. The weight and low profile are great, and the built in leveling screw makes mounting your scope incredibly easy.

The only downside is the price. I do have one listed in the for sale section for a considerable discount though.
    I pm’d you about the mount

I have the Aero Ultralight mount. It is light and so far, appears OK, after one year and about 800 rounds through the rifle. I also wonder how it would hold up to being dropped or other abuse.

User Tag List