Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR15 scope mounts

Site Supporter

AR15 scope mounts

It does not appear that there has been recent thread on AR scope mounts. I have two bobro mounts. I need to get another mount and I was thinking of the Geissele but it’s expensive. Anybody use the Aero mount? Besides large, ADM, bobro, Geissele and aero- who should I look at ?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    DD has a lightweight mount, pretty similar to the Leupold lightweight, roughly similar price. Not QD. I have an older Leupold that I like and the DD recently acquired still in a box. The DD is a little neater looking. Someone on here recommended it; uses it with a fixed 2x Leupold if I remember right.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    It does not appear that there has been recent thread on AR scope mounts. I have two bobro mounts. I need to get another mount and I was thinking of the Geissele but it’s expensive. Anybody use the Aero mount? Besides large, ADM, bobro, Geissele and aero- who should I look at ?
    I tried an Aero mount and promptly broke it installing it. My fault, and though they are lightweight IMO they are mighty fragile.

I gave up on QD mounts. They're usually heavier and usually have a knob or lever protruding from them (the Scalarworks is nice though). Since I don't have multiple optics to switch around on a single rifle and use offset BUIS, I really see no point in a QD mount (YMMV).

I'm currently using a Daniel Defense mount (also available in 30mm) that is reasonably lightweight, seems robust enough to me and is most definitely snag free.

Badger C1 is likely my favorite. Similar design as the G but a little lighter, comes in a lower 1/3 mount, and has the option of mounting offset RDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 03-21-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have multiple Aero mounts - I like them.

I picked up a Larue C.A.N. mount.

https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

Works well, maintains zero, and the price is right for what you get.
    Name:  20200319_173625.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  55.0 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

I mainly have a bunch of ADM mounts, but I recently got a couple Scalarworks mounts and I'm really impressed with them. They're lightweight and I really like the fact that the attachment system doesn't have anything protruding.

https://scalarworks.com/quick-detach-mounts/

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I picked up a Larue C.A.N. mount.

https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

Works well, maintains zero, and the price is right for what you get.
    Name:  20200319_173625.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  55.0 KB
    Not sure if you know since your rifle does not have a fixed front sight, but do you know how that mount situates the scope with a fixed front?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Not sure if you know since your rifle does not have a fixed front sight, but do you know how that mount situates the scope with a fixed front?
    In general, a fixed front sight doesn't interfere with a red dot or magnified optic. On this particular rifle, I have the sun shade installed, which might interfere with a FSB. If that were the case or concearn, I could move the optic back slightly. The Vortex 6-24x50 FFP is ridiculous overkill, but I'm happy with the choice.
    Taking a break from social media.

I’ve had a good experience with my Warne XSkel mount. Sits lower to the receiver (1.44” height) so no need for a cheek riser. Cap screws are torqued at 25 in/lbs and base screws are 65 in/lbs (compared to the 15 in/lbs of the Aero mount). Has held zero with my Razor LH 1.5-8. Can be found for less than $100 if you shop around.

User Tag List