Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

My vag hurt. LOL.

Hope to have this trimmed out and DONE tomorrow so I can move onto some bigger, and better things.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    EVERYTHING is better with bacon!
    Someday, maybe I'll try bacon with matzoh...
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Someday, maybe I'll try bacon with matzoh...
    Our local deli calls it the "fat and thrifty."

I should be cleaning the apartment and organizing and inventorying all my gun stuff and outdoor gear. But I'm playing Mudrunner and surfing the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

About to get more boring for us in Ohio:
    https://www.whio.com/news/local/coro...SgRgsyBEYyfKJ/

Site Supporter
    Along with other outside contractors, I'm feeling some pain from being shut out of customer facilities.

So far I've replaced the timing belt and water pump on a Cat forklift I tore down 2 years ago and brought it back to running condition, rebuilt the planetary gearhead in a magnetic drill that locked up on me a few years ago, replaced an engine in a Prius, rebuilt the carburetor on the Cyclone Rake's Tecumseh engine (cursed thing) and sucked up a bunch of leaves with it, replaced the carb and fuel line on a JD mower, then advertised it on CL, did a bunch of trimming on bushes in the yard, and just now in preparation for the upcoming rainy week I put my old Suzuki GS425E in the shop for a complete going-through as well as the little Colorado work truck which needs front rotors / pads and a new transmission dipstick tube.

If this keeps up, my years-long backlog of small projects with all of their associated parts on hand is going to completely evaporate. At least some of my outdoor customers are still calling.

I still have my more ambitious projects on the list. I'll start cutting the back end off of my International service truck and mounting the crane when the Bad Stuff gets in full swing. The crane's been sitting there for at least 5 years and I'm kind of used to using it as a long shelf by now.

Student
    I quit playing video games a long time ago, but those of you who played game series like Pandemic, Trauma Center, or Plague, Inc may be interested in Bio Inc Redemption, which currently is 50 percent off on Steam.

M-F is working on my dissertation/research and applying to jobs/post-docs.

That is interrupted by taking breaks to walk the dog and/or exercise.

Exercise wise: I have my bicycle mounted in a trainer, a heavy bag, and a 10# steel mace + slam pad to hit. After not prioritizing exercise and proper nutrition for far too long, I no longer have a single excuse. I wonder if other Americans will do the same or if they will get fatter sitting on the sofa watching TV?

Oh and we’re definitely watching TV, I re-upped with Motortrend’s streaming service and MotoGP’s streaming service to watch races/have background noise while I work. And there are some video games and dryfire things going on too. I’m almost done reorganizing my workspace and I’ll probably start on building my mother some tables she wanted. I found some old batwing bar doors to repurpose as tables and it will keep my hands from being idle and provide a productive distraction from dissertating.

And I just finished organizing the library - And we have so many books to read.

Last week was kind of a trial run and this week I’m going to work on getting a schedule going.

Our mandatory diversity and inclusion training in DC is now virtual. *happydance*
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Our mandatory diversity and inclusion training in DC is now virtual. *happydance*
    Sounds like they are trying to exclude you...

User Tag List