Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Is the pan across two burners on low heat? I'm trying to picture this and would like to try it.

I'm the designated "if were all incapable of cooking, are currently starving, and there is no outside assistance forthcoming, we have to eat critter's cooking as a last resort for survival" guy.
    Its just a round pan on one burner. I have just discovered Calphalon select series pans. They are a lot thicker metal and hold heat more evenly.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Its just a round pan on one burner. I have just discovered Calphalon select series pans. They are a lot thicker metal and hold heat more evenly.
    ahhhhh, ok. Thanks! I was picturing a 13in rectangular pan. Duh... I think I just proved why I'm banned from the kitchen.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    ahhhhh, ok. Thanks! I was picturing a 13in rectangular pan. Duh... I think I just proved why I'm banned from the kitchen.
    Dude cooking is so easy. Check out amazingribs.com for smoking and grilling techniques. You can find recipes everywhere online.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

My wife's been doing most of the cooking during The Corona Apocalypse.

But I did manage BBQ beef and cabbage on the Big Green Egg. Nothing like beers and cabbage when you're all on lock down. LOL.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    My wife's been doing most of the cooking during The Corona Apocalypse.

But I did manage BBQ beef and cabbage on the Big Green Egg. Nothing like beers and cabbage when you're all on lock down. LOL.

Tell me more about that cabbage, please. Very interesting.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I generally dislike being at home, so this is trying already. It’s not that I dislike my home, or my family, it’s just that I prefer to be put and about seeing folks and doing things (generally with the family). We aren’t really one of those “stay home and do arts and crafts with the kids” type of families. Not because we are too busy or whatever, but more the opposite in that we stay busy because nobody really likes that stuff. We travel with the kids, go do activities like paddle boarding and out to eat and etc with them, go to friends houses or have them over to ours, etc.

I fucking hate “sitting around”, which to me includes things like chores, home improvement, yard work, reading, watching tv, etc.

This is going to be a challenge.

I’m actually glad my office is open tomorrow.

Just got out on the bicycle for a couple of hours. A brisk 38F, but sunny and calm. It felt good to be out and moving.

We’re predicted to have 6” of snow tomorrow, so being home will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Wife and kids are home. Can't go out to drink. Can't hit the beach. Can't gamble. All matches are shutdown for the month.

So I'm just gonna have to remodel my daughter's bedroom to keep from turning into Jack Nicholson from The Shining.

What is everybody else doing during this interim?
    Set up a dry fire routine and work on cleaning up your draw stroke, reloads etc. Do it in your garage, make sure there's no ammo around. Have one of your kids film you on an iPad and offer criticism. 15-20 minutes a day will make a decent iprovement in your skills.

I'm working, so no fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Set up a dry fire routine and work on cleaning up your draw stroke, reloads etc. Do it in your garage, make sure there's no ammo around. Have one of your kids film you on an iPad and offer criticism. 15-20 minutes a day will make a decent iprovement in your skills.

I'm working, so no fun for me.
    Thanks.

Never thought of dry firing or working out. Both are great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Tell me more about that cabbage, please. Very interesting.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Take a room temp stick of butter and throw it in a mixing bowl. Add whichever spices you prefer. Pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Tony Chacheres... What ever your heart desires. Whip that into a paste.

Core a cabbage.

Add paste.

Wrap in foil. Keep opening of cabbage upright. Throw on top of the grate whenever you're BBQ'ing. Low temps preferred. 240-275. Remove when you think it's done enough. Some people like it crispy but most prefer it removed around the 6 hour mark.

User Tag List