Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

Site Supporter
    For the academics among us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCe5PaeAeew

You will survive!

Boredom is not a problem for me right now. I’m forcing myself to take kettlebell breaks, read a few pages here and there, and do one tinkering thing (eg. Knock a stock sight out of a dovetail and put a new one in) every few days. With the amount of work I’ve got still ahead for transitioning online, this place is pretty much my only current tomfoolery.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm doing the same shit I pretty much do everyday. This has been my chosen lifestyle for a while.

Only thing different is that I don't shake hands with my neighbors like I usually did, let them pet my dog, or visit on their or my porch from time to time as I did in the past.

Otherwise, SOS, different day.
    With an attitude like like its no wonder Mods are demonized!!!

IK..IK 😁
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    With an attitude like like its no wonder Mods are demonized!!!

IK..IK 😁
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Im sure thats quite funny and entirely relevant but Ill need captions or translation possibly both to partake in the revelry 😐
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Can’t complain. Got the car fueled up at Costco, then washed. Worked on it with a clay bar and some carnuaba. Got about 1/2 done, then quit because it was getting hot.

Vacuumed the Apartment top to bottom. Got the hard floors steamed/cleaned. Surfed the web. I put my ‘Chill’ station on for the afternoon instead of the CORONA PANIC! Channel. Took a snooze.

Going to set up my Dry Practice Stage setup in the garage later. Will finish waxing the car tomorrow when it’s cooler.

I think next time we go to the store, I’m going to get some flour and teach myself how to bake. Something about fresh baked bread out of the oven just pegs my feel good meter. (Maybe we need a Baking thread?)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Can’t complain. Got the car fueled up at Costco, then washed. Worked on it with a clay bar and some carnuaba. Got about 1/2 done, then quit because it was getting hot.

Vacuumed the Apartment top to bottom. Got the hard floors steamed/cleaned. Surfed the web. I put my ‘Chill’ station on for the afternoon instead of the CORONA PANIC! Channel. Took a snooze.

Going to set up my Dry Practice Stage setup in the garage later. Will finish waxing the car tomorrow when it’s cooler.

I think next time we go to the store, I’m going to get some flour and teach myself how to bake. Something about fresh baked bread out of the oven just pegs my feel good meter. (Maybe we need a Baking thread?)
    Don't forget yeast... Sourdough starter if you want to be a real boss.

The next big thing today will be walking the half mile down to the mailbox on the "main" road with "Skyler".

And then the missus and I will continue watching "Suburra" on Netflix later this evening.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We're not on lockdown yet, but we are heavy on social distancing.

I'm busier than a stump full of ants with remote work so no devil's workshop for me business hours M-F. Weekends are downright leisurely but Ms. Okie is doing her level best to fix that.

In the near term, I'm trying to wear the paint off of my kettlebells. I've been doing rifle PT and bayonet drills in my garage with a scoped Model 70 in case things get bad and I need to butt-stroke a fool. It's been a long time since Infantry Basic so we'll see how long my rotator cuffs hold up.

I ordered a slug barrel for an old 1100 Remington a couple of days ago. I'll strip and clean the receiver this afternoon, then slip into the woods for a hillbilly function check/zero session once the barrel arrives. Might even do that at night and get in a few low-light El Pres runs with my G19 while I'm at it. Once the 1100 is set up properly, I'll rotate it into the PT program.

Longer term, I'll probably load a bunch of 45 Colt and 44 Mag ammo in the next month or so. I have several hundred pieces of 308 and 30-06 brass to size, decap, prime, and maybe load if things really slow down.

We shall see.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I was social distancing before social distancing was cool. I still have to go to work (which is now very different), so if I could just get all the shitbirds who live near me to stop hoarding all the tp life would not be that different.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List