Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    [well organized photos]
    That's so organized I'd never be able to find anything...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Like high school could teach you how to make something like these:
    Attachment 50700
    Attachment 50701
    Not to humblebrag, but I do know Rick Turner in real life. That guy is a feckin' treasure.
    I don't think he ever finished university, either.

Have you ever seen http://scottwalkerguitars.com? He is friends with Rick as well.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Not to humblebrag, but I do know Rick Turner in real life. That guy is a feckin' treasure.
    I don't think he ever finished university, either.

Have you ever seen http://scottwalkerguitars.com? He is friends with Rick as well.
    He's a big influence on a lot of what I do- I used to read his old Bass Player column religiously, and that got me into 'rolling my own'.

Cool site btw. One of my favorites bass makers today is Serek.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    He's a big influence on a lot of what I do- I used to read his old Bass Player column religiously, and that got me into 'rolling my own'.

Cool site btw. One of my favorites bass makers today is Serek.
    Serek builds some very neat stuff. A cork-sniffer custom bass-geek friend got one of his early ones, and I finally got a chance to see & play one. He's onto something, too. Nice playing instruments; worth the asking price.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    At some point I'm getting off my ass and start cleaning the house. Right after I binge watch all of Ozark season 3.
    Just started it.

Site Supporter
    Got the hedge trimmers out today and shapped the shrubs. Took the kids for a drive just to get out of the house for a short bit. It was disappointing to see how many cars were at Lowes and the local plant nursery. Went for a walk with the wife.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Got the hedge trimmers out today and shapped the shrubs. Took the kids for a drive just to get out of the house for a short bit. It was disappointing to see how many cars were at Lowes and the local plant nursery. Went for a walk with the wife.
    All the Lowe’s and Home Depot’s have been scary busy all week down here. I still have to get things for work there so I make sure to be in and out early and fast with minimal touching.

Day 2 of isolation.

I woke up at first light to the sound of a thunderstorm. I peeked outside and did not see any of the infected. Note to self, the infected don't come out in thunderstorms. If I have to go out, wait for a thunderstorm.

A strange lady brings me coffee and breakfast. She reminds me of someone I dated over 20 years ago. I finish the last season of Mr. Robot before bed.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I just rearranged about 49,000 rounds of various ammo. It was more like 61 thou, but I didn't have to move 12. Found 4 calibers I have no guns for.
    That was by case rearrangement. If it continues that way, I'll start doing by box.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Corona Boredom Thread

Alaska is now threatening me with a $25,000 fine if I get less than 6' of someone, outside of locations of essential services, and they are not my immediate family. Potential fine total topped $300,000 today.... but we had helmets and goggles on.. Snowmobiling with my friends and family for my birthday.

User Tag List