Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Corona boredom problem:

This morning post-coffee

“Is the 1911 the right answer? Maybe I should consider changing, an LTT would be pretty sweet...”

45-minutes later

“Dude, you have a dozen different 1911 holsters and 24 mags right now. Now is not the time to start again. Buy yourself a nice 1911 and STFU.”

45-minutes later

“But LTT...”

45-minutes later

“Hmm, .38 Super.”

45-minutes later (now with dryfiring my STI)

“God I love this thing. I should just buy another STI.”

4-hours later this internal dialogue:

“Noveske Space Invader, Q Sugar Weasel, B&T GHM or APC in .45? I guess that depends on if I’m staying 1911 or not. If I go over to a Beretta LTT...”

“Holy shit Rob we just went over this FOUR HOURS AGO.”

“I know...but I’m bored.”

“Go work out and dryfire.”

“So...LTT?”

“I’m gonna kill you...”
    Dude... The Space Invader looks really cool but heard it has some problems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHLXFl4zM2U&t=436s

Q Sugar Weasel, not a bad choice if you want it for 300 BO.

I'd still go APC45 PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Dude... The Space Invader looks really cool but heard it has some problems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHLXFl4zM2U&t=436s
    Eh, it's a blowback gun with a short barrel, I pretty much expect it to be super gassy with a can on it. That's pretty easily rectified with a heavier buffer or stouter buffer spring. All of the 'broken' AR9s running Colt-pattern magazines I've found are the result of buffer/buffer spring weights being wrong.

Because the AR bolt doesn't have a ton of mass to it, a heavy buffer is basically a must. The best out there for reliability, bar none, are made by Hahn Precision. A heavy sub-caliber buffer from Hahn + a carbine-length spring typically makes them all run well. In a pinch a heavy H2 buffer and rifle-length spring (assuming carbine-length buffer tube) will do the same job, or an H2 with carbine-length spring and a bunch of quarters stacked to shorten the stroke.

That's kind of the one advantage, for me, of picking up another AR9 that uses Colt mags. I have a box full of parts and accessories to use if I need to. That said, I doubt I'll need any of it with a B&T.

I bought a PSA AK-P (Magpul with their triangle brace) to try and tide myself over... but might be three weeks before that makes it this way.

So my backup plan came from Century Arms... I got three of their $75 Lee Enfield .410 Muskets. Hopefully cleaning them up will yield at least one or two new toys. I want two... one to keep in .410 musket and the other rechambered for 3” shotshell (checking to see if the FFL I work with will do it... if not, ran out of places to ask). The other barreled action, either cleaned or stripped, will likely find its way onto Gunboards.

Ok. Caulk and some new blinds and I'm done. But there gonna be at least one day of fishing between then and now. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I bought a PSA AK-P (Magpul with their triangle brace) to try and tide myself over... but might be three weeks before that makes it this way.
    you know, as absolutely-f-ing stupid as I generally find "braced" pistols to be, I kind of regret not getting one of those
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...stol-gray.html

Instead I'm hoping to pick this up at my dealer tomorrow
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak...ifle-gray.html

I'm not bored. My coworker had been pushing the carnivore diet for for a while so I decided to give it the old college try for 30 days, buying 4 weeks of ribeyes and uncured bacon and swearing off basically everything else I enjoy consuming. What does that have to do with boredom? Well, it's kinda hard to be bored always with an 11:59 doomsday clock for shitting your pants. I also have a puppy who also battles shitting herself and a toddler who's a recreational shitter so maybe quit hogging all the god damn toilet paper.

#bidetmasterrace

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I'm not bored. My coworker had been pushing the carnivore diet for for a while so I decided to give it the old college try for 30 days, buying 4 weeks of ribeyes and uncured bacon and swearing off basically everything else I enjoy consuming. What does that have to do with boredom? Well, it's kinda hard to be bored always with an 11:59 doomsday clock for shitting your pants. I also have a puppy who also battles shitting herself and a toddler who's a recreational shitter so maybe quit hogging all the god damn toilet paper.

#bidetmasterrace
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    you know, as absolutely-f-ing stupid as I generally find "braced" pistols to be, I kind of regret not getting one of those
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...stol-gray.html

Instead I'm hoping to pick this up at my dealer tomorrow
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak...ifle-gray.html
    I got the first one, just in black. If you watch, you’ll see them pop up periodically. Just don’t give it more than a day, or they will be sold out.

Site Supporter
    I’m on my front porch watching a crane down by my pond. The name I think he would like to be called is Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m on my front porch watching a crane down by my pond. The name I think he would like to be called is Marco.
    Not Frasier?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List