Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Took my .357 1894 from that thread out in the desert (all alone) the other day and had some fun with .38 loads and a few JSP 158gr AE .357 magnums. I will use this rifle on a hunt one day, I just have a feeling.
    I am envious; I wonder how far into the sticks I would have to drive to be “all alone.” The relatively nearby Sam Houston National Forest seems too full of people, and I have heard that independent plinking is no longer allowed. The various National Grasslands are a very long day’s drive, just to get there. Add a day for exploration, and we are talking a minimum of three days, for a too-rushed trip.

My wife’s family has forested acreage, in neighboring Montgomery County, but it has not “felt right” to plink there, due to encroaching development, with anything bigger than .22 LR, since the late Nineties. Perhaps, .38 target wadcutters, from a rifle-length barrel, would be socially acceptable. This is the place where I used to shoot .375 H&H, but the Twentieth Century was “another country.”
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I am envious; I wonder how far into the sticks I would have to drive to be “all alone.” The relatively nearby Sam Houston National Forest seems too full of people, and I have heard that independent plinking is no longer allowed. The various National Grasslands are a very long day’s drive, just to get there. Add a day for exploration, and we are talking a minimum of three days, for a too-rushed trip.

My wife’s family has forested acreage, in neighboring Montgomery County, but it has not “felt right” to plink there, due to encroaching development, with anything bigger than .22 LR, since the late Nineties. Perhaps, .38 target wadcutters, from a rifle-length barrel, would be socially acceptable. This is the place where I used to shoot .375 H&H, but the Twentieth Century was “another country.”
    Differences between states, I guess. The majority of Arizona is public lands, the majority of Texas seems to be private, from what I recall. And I live in a pretty small town to begin with. I am in hunting, shooting, or hiking territory within 20 minutes of my house in pretty much any direction.

Bored? kill 50 minutes with one of the best summations of the neo-marxist, identity-politics, woke religion I've seen yet.

Former Guardian writer and woke religion "believer" breaks it down. Spot on.

You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Fortunate to still be working during the week. Live in the country so the weekend is reserved for grass cutting and doing any little project I can come up with. Have loaded every projectile if have for 9mm. Shooting some and actually having fun digging out stuff I haven't shot in forever. Spending lots of time with the family which is good. Different pace then we normally run.

Not bored, working full time remotely. But I must say this remote working is hell on my elbow. Must be poor work ergonomics at home...?

Name:  IMG_20200407_144129253.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  38.2 KB

(In the picture are two of my .357 Magnum snap caps I got as a Christmas present. Fortunately I still have a full set of .44 Magnum and .45 Colt snap caps left, with some life left in them.)

Site Supporter
    I started cleaning out my garage. I had 40 years of car, motorcycle and gun magazines. I am throwing most of them out. I am keeping a few. I am gathering the Ross Seyfried and Gary Sutton articles in a binder.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I started cleaning out my garage. I had 40 years of car, motorcycle and gun magazines. I am throwing most of them out. I am keeping a few. I am gathering the Ross Seyfried and Gary Sutton articles in a binder.
    I did that a few years ago and saved all the Peter Eagan articles.

At this point the Playboys are kinda in the way, but I just... can't... do... it...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Working remotely as an archaeologist, that means artifact bags spread all over the living room. the upside is that I've been enjoying cooking a lot lately, finally made an account on this forum, and bought a FN 509 midsize MRD on gunbroker.

All told, being shut in at home with the girlfriend hasn't been too bad honestly.

Site Supporter
    Save the playboys for the articles

Site Supporter
    My brother must be pretty damn bored. He made a 124 song "music to quarantine to" playlist. It's in order to tell the story.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...pX9VgbGpYbExXw

User Tag List