Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    For all the people claiming to be bored and working from home, neither the wife nor I can seem to get any work from other folks.

So far no luck dealing with IT/Support/Bosses/Publishers/collaborators/labs etc.

It's like everyone decided to just take a vacation...
    Opposite here. The teleworking folks magically became productive.

Maybe the sixties were onto something with having a wet bar in every third office. LOL.

Had a great day today. Spent the day putting up a big ass ridge beam at a remote cabin. The cabin is 6' above the ground in the summer. There is no shit 6' of snow this year. The big piles of snow outside the windows are all the snow we shoveled OUT of the cabin yesterday.Name:  beam1.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  57.3 KBName:  beam2.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  89.8 KBName:  beam3.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  42.6 KBName:  cabin.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  86.3 KBName:  denali.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  16.1 KB
    Last edited by AKDoug; 03-30-2020 at 11:35 PM.

The trouble with being bored is the wife and I typically default to watching cartoons (Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy, etc.), Top Gear/The Grand Tour, or Forged in Fire. After rewatching the first four seasons of Forged in Fire over the past week, all I really want to do is go back to a knife show and pick up a grinder and get back to knife making. It's been years since I've made anything, but I know how and what else am I gonna do with my time*?

*Besides the obvious of work on my dissertation....

Today starts day 4 for me.

So far it’s been a lot of time outside with the family. Easy enough to do, we live out in the country with a 2 acre yard surrounded by grain fields, so we can social distance and soak up sunshine. 4 year old loves to go outside and frequently looks out the window and says “daddy, it’s a nice day out.” That means it’s time to go out again.

I sharpened my Dragonfly 2 and Para 3 LW yesterday while everyone else was watching a movie. Today during movie time it’ll either be sharpening the Paramilitary 2 or cleaning/lubing some pistols.

Sunday I spent some time shooting my 22 LCRs doing Dot Torture and some other trigger control type stuff. Dot Torture is a notch more difficult with a 22 snub than it is with a 9mm service pistol.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Today marks exactly 3 weeks I've been stuck in my apartment. Definitely feeling a little unglued. At least we'll be moving soon, that will keep me busy.

I found some crimped 9mm brass so...a few hundred dollars later, I have a Lee App press on the way to help me “save money” on range pickup brass

#ThisIsTheWay
    #RESIST

I'm taking online PPE dance lessons.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Well, day 4 was a little more of the same. Actually didn’t sharpen the Paramilitary 2 as I found I’d rolled a tiny bit of the edge on my Endura. So I straightened that out. Actually wasn’t too bad to do.

The 4 year old, man, she’s loving this honestly. She’s not 100% sure what’s going on, she just know that daddy is sitting in the chair waiting for her every morning and not just Saturday and Sundays. We have told her she can’t go to preschool right now because there are a lot of people getting really sick. She understands that. She’s is kinda bummed that a couple of her favorite places to go are closed though.

On the flip side of that, it’s warming up and she’s been able to play outside every day for nearly a week now. Since her favorite thing to do is play outside, this is working well.

So I guess I’m not really bored at all. I truly truly wish the circumstances were different, but if there’s a silver lining in all of this, it’s that I get to make up some time with my daughter. I went back to college not too long after she was born. I spent every minute I could with her during that time, but I did miss a lot. Now that I’ve graduated (just in time, back in December) I can spend time with her after work more than I could before. Since the plant is shut down for a couple weeks, I can spend whole days with her. So if there is one tiny bright spot in this huge shitstorm for me, it’s that.

I'm on my 21st consecutive business day of WFH. I'm so introverted that I should probably seek treatment for it so I'm happier than a pig in shit. Work consists of helping a tech giant with FY21 planning. That keeps me stepping and fetching 40/week, so by the end of the day I'm spent and pining for tequila.

Ms. Okie despises WFH days. Our house is cleaner and more organized than it has been in years. She's a National Guard O-6 Registered Nurse with OCD and a chaser of Catholic guilt, so that's saying something.

I pray that Lowe's, The Home Depot, and their ilk will be declared non-essential immediately if not sooner.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 03-31-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Well, day 4 was a little more of the same. Actually didn’t sharpen the Paramilitary 2 as I found I’d rolled a tiny bit of the edge on my Endura. So I straightened that out. Actually wasn’t too bad to do.

The 4 year old, man, she’s loving this honestly. She’s not 100% sure what’s going on, she just know that daddy is sitting in the chair waiting for her every morning and not just Saturday and Sundays. We have told her she can’t go to preschool right now because there are a lot of people getting really sick. She understands that. She’s is kinda bummed that a couple of her favorite places to go are closed though.

On the flip side of that, it’s warming up and she’s been able to play outside every day for nearly a week now. Since her favorite thing to do is play outside, this is working well.

So I guess I’m not really bored at all. I truly truly wish the circumstances were different, but if there’s a silver lining in all of this, it’s that I get to make up some time with my daughter. I went back to college not too long after she was born. I spent every minute I could with her during that time, but I did miss a lot. Now that I’ve graduated (just in time, back in December) I can spend time with her after work more than I could before. Since the plant is shut down for a couple weeks, I can spend whole days with her. So if there is one tiny bright spot in this huge shitstorm for me, it’s that.
    Good post.
    #RESIST

User Tag List