Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Boredom Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    All the Lowe’s and Home Depot’s have been scary busy all week down here. I still have to get things for work there so I make sure to be in and out early and fast with minimal touching.
    I needed a few things but just paid a little extra to have them deliver. They weren't urgent needs so they extra few days were ok and the few bucks seemed worth it all things considered

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I just rearranged about 49,000 rounds of various ammo. It was more like 61 thou, but I didn't have to move 12. Found 4 calibers I have no guns for.
    That was by case rearrangement. If it continues that way, I'll start doing by box.
    I read your post to my wife. She said you could sell that ammo that doesn’t go to any of your guns. I told her that’s not how this works. Then she realized the answer was to buy new guns.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I just rearranged about 49,000 rounds of various ammo. It was more like 61 thou, but I didn't have to move 12. Found 4 calibers I have no guns for.
    That was by case rearrangement. If it continues that way, I'll start doing by box.
    Clearly I need to aspire to be like YVK...

Time to fire up ammo seek...

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    That's so organized I'd never be able to find anything...
    I’m a,ready realizing I didn’t it wrong. I rarely know the size I need, but I usually know the type. So all those screws that are sorted by size really should be separated into types. One for bugle head wood screws (all sizes), one for cap head wood screws (all sizes), one for sheetmetal screws...

Whups.

Day 3 of isolation.

I look outside at first light and see them walking around. They walk, ride bikes, and have pets, they seem so normal. The lady brings me coffee and breakfast and says "good morning James". The name sound familiar, like I have heard before. Mmm bacon.

I watch Night of the Living Dead, it seemed appropriate. Thank god the internet still works.

An afternoon thunderstorm comes in and I take advantage of it and recon out my AO. I was right they don't like storms. Come to think of it neither do I. Time to watch Westworld. I think I can get through the first season before bed.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device

"The 27 year-old astrophysicist, who studies pulsars and gravitational waves, said he was trying to liven up the boredom of self-isolation with the four powerful neodymium magnets."

“I had a part that detects magnetic fields. I thought that if I built a circuit that could detect the magnetic field, and we wore magnets on our wrists, then it could set off an alarm if you brought it too close to your face. A bit of boredom in isolation made me think of that.”

"I clipped them to my earlobes and then clipped them to my nostril and things went downhill pretty quickly when I clipped the magnets to my other nostril.”
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The dogs are getting cabin fever.

[Loud sounds of dogs fighting]

Me: Dogs! No fighting.

Dogs: [stop fighting and lie down]

Me: Good dogs!
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Today's Lesson In Gravity...

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device

"The 27 year-old astrophysicist, who studies pulsars and gravitational waves, said he was trying to liven up the boredom of self-isolation with the four powerful neodymium magnets."

“I had a part that detects magnetic fields. I thought that if I built a circuit that could detect the magnetic field, and we wore magnets on our wrists, then it could set off an alarm if you brought it too close to your face. A bit of boredom in isolation made me think of that.”

"I clipped them to my earlobes and then clipped them to my nostril and things went downhill pretty quickly when I clipped the magnets to my other nostril.”
    There is no gravity. The earth sucks.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

For all the people claiming to be bored and working from home, neither the wife nor I can seem to get any work from other folks.

So far no luck dealing with IT/Support/Bosses/Publishers/collaborators/labs etc.

It's like everyone decided to just take a vacation...

Context Is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    For all the people claiming to be bored and working from home, neither the wife nor I can seem to get any work from other folks.

So far no luck dealing with IT/Support/Bosses/Publishers/collaborators/labs etc.

It's like everyone decided to just take a vacation...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List