Thread: Suppressed 9mm Carbine/SBR/Pistol

Suppressed 9mm Carbine/SBR/Pistol

Hey guys, long time no "see" for most of you. Hope everyone is doing great. What's the current status on the 9mm carbine thing these days? The ones on my radar are the Ruger PC9, CZ EVO, and Sig MPX. I'm mostly wanting it as just something fun to run my 9mm suppressor on (that is otherwise un-used). A dot and a light would help make it a secondary long arm behind an AR. Pistol keeps me out of another stamp and simplifies some travel stuff, but I'm not necessarily opposed to another SBR if the juice is there.

What's working, what should I look for, and how much do these things cost?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Could toss CMMG Guard on that list imo

Site Supporter
    I have a SIG MPX 8 inch pistol that I have SBRed. I have a 4.5 inch barrel and an AAC TiRant 9 suppressor for it. I really like it and seldom take my AR9s out of safe. I shoot my normal 9mm pistol ammo through it but occasionally use 147 subsonic. I have had zero issues with mine using Gen 1 and Gen 2 mags. It is an expensive tool with two stamps plus price of MPX and mags. I found great deals on mags and stocked up. My MPX has not been modified - I think some of the bad press on MPX is related to gaming it for lowest possible recoil.

I have a Scorpion Micro with a can, dot, and light. Gun by itself ran ~$1,100. It is moving into HD role with 147 Rangers on board.

Site Supporter
    You can probably find the info you want by reading brianenos.com/forum/318-pistol-caliber-carbine/ and ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Rimfire-and-Pistol-Calibers/15/.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I've been shooting a Ruger PCC with an old Gemtech Multimount suppressor and a Trijicon MRO.

It has been reliable with all quality 9mm ammunition and it's great fun with American Eagle 147-gr. subsonic... it's like shooting an "adult 10-22".

The basic carbine was much cheaper than the AR-platform ones, and since I had many Glock 9mm magazines it was a rational choice for me. Unlike many low-end AR-pattern PCC's, the bolt hold-open functions consistently on the Ruger.

The take-down feature is nice for storage and transportation, too.

I have or have had the Evo, MPX pistol, SP5, SP5K and B&T APC9 Pro. Have not suppressed them, but they are an EDC back pack gun for mounting a light, laser and red dot.

The HK roller guns shoot soft. They are an older design, though, and harder to accessorize. I don’t trust an MPX for defense, even though or maybe because I have shot them so much in competition. Right now, I think the APC9 Pro has the best feature set for my use. I have the one that takes Glock magazines, which simplifies logistics.

Name:  078D1878-72A4-4C8B-AE6E-A8AF40430968.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  CB633745-9C2D-49F8-B9CB-D82B5A709CE0.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  A518AAE1-8EF5-40D0-BA9F-5124E2C0AEC2.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  47.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List