Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control proponents are now trying to buy Guns & ammo

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    When everything goes back to normal and they hate guns again I hope there are some sweet deals for used guns on the shelf. And hopefully they aren't all taurus and hipoint either.
    I'm predicting a bunch of tweets of them virtue signaling by taking the gun to a "buy back" program then bitching the gift certificates weren't to a vegan co-op.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 03-20-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Anyway, I was looking at your avatar and thinking that, since this whole shebang started, I shifted over to carrying a 1911 and that my usual go-to rifle is a Winchester `94.

So I'm there.

(OK, the 1911 is a LW Commander, but still)
    You are rolling way more Longmire than I am! My 1894 is a Marlin, I don't even own a 1911 anymore. I think my revolvers give me curmudgeon points though?

Your LW Commander is cool. You could stimulate the economy by going Full Longmire.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Most people don't grok the realities of a situation until it affects them personally. How many times do we hear the phrases "I never thought..." or " I knew about (reality), but I didn't believe..." or variations on the theme?

For a lot of people, this is going to kill off a lot of anti-gun propaganda. Most normies have been told for decades that you could buy a machine gun with less hassle than a teddy bear, or that one could order guns through the mail or other nonsense. The voted in laws they didn't really understand. Now, it's personal for a lot of them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I think it's a net positive. Even if it only shifts a few thousand people into the pro-gun camp, I'll take it. With the media slanted as hard as it is against guns, we need all the voices we can get.
    I agree. If we can get some anti-gunners to shift, but hopefully there will be a huge increase in neutrals/independents who previously knew nothing and now come to see that “common sense” is anything but and that the “gun nuts” with “assault weapons” labels are being applied to them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’m skeptical this will change their outlook. This is a crisis, civilized society doesn’t need guns.

Once the panic subsides I can see them going right back to their anti-gun drivel, only now they’ll claim that them owning a firearm makes their opinion more valid. After all, how many people that currently own guns still push for “common sense gun laws”?
    The lost lesson on them isn’t specifically about guns per say, but how quickly things can turn to shit. Two weeks ago, things were essentially “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    They won’t. The LA riots should have woken Kalifornia progressive up but it didn’t. One thing I have learned living in one of the most progressive and hoplophibic regions of the country is that that the WOKE earnestly believe that they are anointed and the rules only apply to others.
    I will never forget the video on TV of the surfer looking dude in the gunshop buying a gun. He had no clue that he had to wait 7 days to pick it up after buying it. He was convinced that he needed it "right now" because of all the rioting and maybe he really did need it. He was quite upset and stated " but this is America!". This was before Clinton's AWB also but it didn't matter, LA overwhelmingly supported it. Sometimes a slap upside the head won't even get people's attention because that should have done it. But sadly, the emphasized part of your post is reality.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 03-21-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Site Supporter
    I suspect that most of the people buying guns now had considered it in the past and finally decided to “pull the trigger” on a purchase.

I bet that few of the vehemently anti-gun people suddenly changed their thinking. It would take a significant threat to their safety, like being the victim of a violent crime, to actually cause them to change their belief about something they felt really strongly about.

I have a friend with an FFL. His friend, who has been a “no guns in my house” kind of guy, announced that he needed a Glock 19 and needed help getting one ASAP. He was very specific, and had spent hours researching what gun to buy. Unfortunately there are none to be had around here, or from my buddy’s vendors.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Judging from our grocery store shelves, a bunch of "gluten allergies" have disappeared.
    And the people bragging about using green cleaning products are hoarding the bleach.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    This is literally exactly how I feel.

If I am at the range this weekend, you can bet I will be super aware of any noobies on the line and if I am asked, I will help out in any way I can.
    I just did this Friday evening. Guy two stalls down asked me to help him because his gun was jammed. Ammunition was loaded in backwards.

User Tag List